Growing up JW....a bit of my story.

by ScoobySnax 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kjak88
    kjak88

I enjoyed your story. I've been disfellowshipped for 15 years now for being gay as well but there's still alot of things that I respect about the religion. I even respect my parent's faith in it even though I've barely spoken to them in 15 years. Attempting to build some sort of relationship with them now. They they are both still very heavily into it. The were both raise JW as well. In fact everyone in my family is JW. Parents, grandparents, cousins, every last one of them except for me. Would be nice to see them a little more often but we'll see.

Glad things have turned out so well for you.

Blake

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Scoobs and others

I enjoyed your story. I am printing it off to take home for my daughter to give to her friend at school. He has been bought up JW and is gay, and is quite confused right now. I believe your experience and those of others will help him in his journey to find his way.

~Beck~

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Scott, reading your post made me remember myself about 10 years ago. No not that I'm gay but that at the time I was struggling to accept the fact I no longer belong among Jehovah's Witnesses. I had, and still do, a lot of great memories. Good lord I met Nina out in service! I still to this day have many, many great memories that still bring a smile to my face. But really, they're no different than good memories of school, or work, etc. We're the sum total of our experiences and decisions, aren't we?

Gradually, and painfully, I realized that organization could not offer me what I needed. It felt like an adolescent putting away old toys, if that makes any sense.

I'm coming to believe life is a journey, that there isn't a point where we reach the end and that's all there is. I'm coming to believe that the journey is the point of life, to grow from the experiences. I don't mean to spew out New Age/California bullshit, but at some point we've got to put the past in the correct frame so that it doesn't skew the present.

You are who you are, and that doesn't change the good (or the bad) of the past. Integrate, rather than separate.

Chris

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks for your replies.......s'funny how typing things down sometimes can make you feel better!

Scoob

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your post explains quite a bit Scoob.I`ve had a hard time understanding alot of your posts in the past,now they are a little more clearer..Good one...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit