What's your favourite site for downloading music?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I use mIRC to download music. I just changed computer and re installed mIRC, and now it costs 20$ for a year. Not expensive, but it was free before.

Where do you go to download music on the net?

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Kazaa....its all free, but I expect it will be suspended soon Got loads of music from bygone years!!

• Dustin
    Dustin

Kazaa gave me lots of computer viruses that I had to clean up.

Dustin

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I use WinMX.

Walter

• glitter
    glitter

Usenet, SLSK or WinMX.

If you want to use and *actual site* then here's a neat trick:
    Enter the following in Google:
    ?intitle:index.of?mp3 title-or-name-goes-here

Click here for example search.

For Usenet, check this out. Download a free program called XNews and use your ISP's own news server and you're away!

• melmac
    melmac

I used to d/l with mIRC. Now I use DC++ (Direct Connect plus plus).

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I like bearshare it does fill your computer with spyware when you install it but after you clean all that crap out it works well!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I hope you didn't buy Mirc - it is free. The trouble I find with Mirc is that people only upload what they see as popular - so they upload what is currently in the charts - with few exceptions. I have mangaged to get some retro stuff on torrents - but some of the host sites are shutting - to be replaced shortly by exeem, which I have been told is the future. Personally, I have found the best way to share music is private groups on Streamload.com and I have collected nearly 1000 albums, mostly from the 80's and 90's this way. Of course, don't forget to go out and buy the music if you like it. Amazon has a good selection of second hand CDs and I have bought some from £0.49p plus splash out on the full retail if you really like Robbie Williams and feel he deserves more money.

• Brummie
    Brummie

WinMX simply better than Kazaar

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

According to the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America), the penalties for breaching the copyright act differ slightly depending upon whether the infringing is for commercial or private financial gain. If you think being caught infringing on these copyright laws will result in a small fine or "slap on the wrist", think again! In the U.S., the online infringement of copyrighted music can be punished by up to three years in prison and $250,000 in fines. Repeat offenders can be imprisoned up to six years. Individuals also may be held civilly liable, regardless of whether the activity is for profit, for actual damages or lost profits, or for statutory damages up to $150,000 per infringed copyright.

hey, my sister and niece download music all the time from Kazaa, then they burn the files onto CD's...and they are witnesses. can they be disfellowshipped for breaking a ''secular'' law? but wait...they hate this world anyway. so why covet its music? hmm...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit