Disassociation versus disfellowshipping

by Marvin Shilmer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

But why on earth don't the elders query the change for blood infringements from DF to DA?

Aren't they troubled? Doesn't it seem obvious to elders that this organisation that they loyally serve is using a 'legal' device?

How blinded they are!
    How blind we all were!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Ozzie,

Aren't they troubled? Doesn't it seem obvious to elders that this organisation that they loyally serve is using a 'legal' device?

A couple of years ago, I asked an elder I knew well about this and other matters that had "wording" changed. Such as, not announcing why a person had been df'd. At the time, I was still active and didn't even know of the term 'disassociation.'

His response? "Because they kept being sued, that's why! Satan is after the Society in any way he can. It's just words - they have to protect themselves."

So....it's ok to change "words" to stay out of court. Such as disfellowshipped to disassociated. "It's just words" - the locals know that no real change has taken place.

waiting

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day waiting,

Nice to hear from ya!

I take your point about the elders believing that Satan's threats are causing the Society to protect themselves. I suppose it's the same type of 'thinking' that caused the WTS to lie to the European Human Rights Commission regarding Bulgaria, isn't it?

"Theocratic warfare" ? No, it's plain old lying.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• COMF
    COMF

Welcome back Maximus. It's good to see your armed and armored image back on here again.

COMF

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy COMF,

Wishful thinking on your part - or tired eyes. The above post by Maximus was on July 18.

But the thought was good, I miss him too.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit