Convention apostates

by peggy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• peggy
    peggy

Have any of you held with signs, yelling out at the JWs as they enter the convention?

That used to really scare me!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember them well. I remember one year when a lady in our congregation was so upset, her husband's church was outside picketing the Will Rogers Convention Center in Fort Worth when I heard one of her kids say, look Mommy, Daddy's got a sign!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NO and nor would I - because it makes the JWs think they are being picked on and persecuted - better to use other tactics

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Exactly! It reinforces their belief! It makes them LESS likely to question they say "see all apostates are insane a$$holes" (they may not say the A$$holes part out loud but they sure do think it!)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Funny thing is, after I left the organization, I found out that the group that does the signs around the Tacoma Dome (near Seattle) isn't even a group of ex-Witnesses! They're just a local church who does that as their ministry. And all this time we thought they were the evil apostates!

SNG

• Purza
    Purza

I remember them (apostates with signs) at the Cow Palace in SF. We didn't dare look at them (or else we would turn to stone). But I agree with mrk that it reinforces their beliefs about apostates. I think a subtle approach may be more appropriate.

Purza

• G Money
    G Money

Most apostates I saw at the conventions resembled homeless people or hippies. I always wondered why they didn't shave or wear a suit and try to look more presentable.

• cab1000
    cab1000

There was a few in OH. They dint yell. I was just starting to fade, and I wanted to pick a fight with them. In fact, that was most of my daydream as the talks went on and on.

It really upset me, that they had the nerve. But remember, early "witnesses" were said to go to churches and try to convert people...So..."two-shay"?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I remember them outside our Convention with flpichart boards....... they always looked like nutters to me. One year I went with my family and my un-believing dad, as we walked in they put their hands on him and he said something or other about knowing the "truth about the truth" and my dad said if you don't get your hands off me I'll stick that Fu**ing flipchart and leaflet right up your arse etc etc

I don't know who looked more shocked, the protesters or the JWs in the queue behind us......

Scoob

• peggy
    peggy

So you all are apostates? So why are you all so nice, funny, interesting, intelligent? Why am I more confused then ever? If you had had your signs up, I would have walked away, instead I invited myself in. I don't know what to do or how to make it to another meeting or how to face the future or how to reconcile the past. I laugh at your rebellion and I cry with your pain. I honestly don't want to believe,and I hear the ring of truth. How does one go from belief to disbelief......how does one move forward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit