The president of cong. has invited me to dinner and a little "talk"

by filip 12 Replies latest jw friends

• filip
    filip

The president of our congregation has invited me and a couple of other young people from the cong. to dinner on friday and then to watch the new "Youth: how to make good friends" video, and then have a little "talk" about it.

Though, Im fearing that "talk" is going to be a little bit more serious than just a relaxed night out.

Should I go?

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

The answers to the questions should follow just like the watchtower study .. just repeat what the video says from the model people .. don't use your own words to much .. that would draw to much attention to yourself when you should be drawing attention to the great video "what a loverly provision jehovah has provided us!" *spirit fingers*

• jwbot
    jwbot

That video is such a joke.

• Preston
    Preston

President?

I don't think its anything serious...however, if they invited just you ....

- Preston

• Bryan
    Bryan

Filip,

Should I go?

That should be easy for you to answer.

Do you want to go? Or not? It's up to you. You know how we feel about that stuff and what most all of us would say.

Your parents most likely told the PO about your doubts and this video is to encourage you.

Do you want to go or not?

This should be only your decission and not let anyone guilt you into going or not.

Please just find time to be a teenager and get your mind at ease.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

just do it and don't sweat it! If they have a QA session be honest then too... Don't lie for anyone!

• franklin J
    franklin J

do you want to go? if so; then attend.

If you DO NOT want to go; politely tell him you have previous plans and will be unable to accept. Important for you to ACKNOWLEDGE his invitation, though.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Bring a few 40s of Colt 45 and then let him decide how the evening will go.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Dude, I really feel for you. Being a teenager and wanting to escape the JWs is difficult to deal with. Keep in mind that when you turn 18, you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy not being a JW.

I agree with everyone else's thoughts on this. If your parents force you to go, then go. Give the PO JW textbook answers to make him shut up. Then go back to becoming a human being.

Also, I watched that video after I left. It really sucks and the acting is shitty. She doesn't even kiss the guy in the car. He doesn't touch her boobs either. It's crap. Keep your sense of humor going throughout the video if you go.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This little gathering is intended to serve two purposes:

1. To indoctrinate the young JWs with the idea that only JWs are "good" people and therefore are the only people one should associate with.
    2. To place you and the other young JWs into a "social" setting so that you all will form social bonds within the organization while at the same time marginalizing your non-JW social bonds.

Basically they are trying to socially isolate you so that you will be more easily controlled by the threat of shunning.

My advice: When they are off isolating themselves, you go hang out with some non-JW friends. Basically expand your social circle as much as possible so that if the WTS tries to shun you, they will have little or no effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit