Loving This Winter

by Carmel 19 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Wow scootergirl.............................

woke up to FOURTY BELOW ZEROW this morning! That is a major brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Freezing Cold

And I'm complaining because it's only 6 degrees above this morning. Shame on me!

HappyDad

• gumby
    gumby

You guys don't need all that stuff....wood/gas stoves etc. All ya need is some electric thermal underwear like I wear and stay warm all the time. Save your fuel money and buy beer. It's working good for me except my wife and dog turned into a pillar of ice but I stood them in the corner and they make nice lookin furniture pieces. Come summer when they thaw I'll still have beer .

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I use coal.
    Same kinda warmth, but really chucks out the heat!

Gumby:

Come summer when they thaw I'll still have beer .

Sounds like that'll make a mess on the carpet, too...

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I would have loved to have had a white christmas enjoy your winter Im thinking of you.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I bet Craig and her nibs would love to cuddle up in front of it!

Hey leave my nibs outa this!

Seriously I wouldn't have a fireplace wood or otherwise if you paid me! I've cut wood/hauled wood/stoked more fires than I ever want to ever again in my life while married to my X, messy, messy dirty fireplaces.................you can keep yer damn fireplace Carmel, sitting there all cozy like that, humpt!

I'll just stand next to my wall heater and peek outside at the rainy mess.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    *We're only 64 days away from springtime

AMEN!

40 below is not just brrrrrr. It's brrrrrrr-f*k. Makes me glad I live in the Pac. NW, even without gas heat.

Carmel, I'm jealous! I tried really, really, really hard to get Kev to include a fireplace or woodstove or pelletstove or... in our remodel plans. No way. He'd had enough of fireplaces.

I love wood heat. Very pennetrating. I can appreciate your gas insert too. I know the mess wood makes. I don't have the strength to chop. That's what delivery is for. But ya have to have the storage, and still have the mess.

Ok. My promise to myself if when my SSD comes through I am going to have installed a forced air gas furnace, gas line for fireplace, gas line for range, and maybe even spring to move the waterheater and replumb for gas. We have baseboard electric now. Cold. Unfortuantely, I don't think we have room in our living area for a FP.....

Warm Hugs

Brenda

Sitting here with a blanket and cat on my lap.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Hubby called from work today..told me that on his way in at the end of the road the temp reading on the car was...ready....FOURY NINE DEGREES BELOW ZERO!!!! This is just crazy...never before have I ever seen such cold weather here! School was cancelled again (also on Friday). Tomorrow we are gonna have a high of 22 and you would think Spring is here by all the hype!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    FOURY NINE DEGREES BELOW ZERO!!!! This is just crazy...never before have I ever seen such cold weather here!

Scooter I can't even imagine how cold that is! Keep warm girly!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You guys don't need all that stuff....wood/gas stoves etc. All ya need is some electric thermal underwear like I wear and stay warm all the time. Save your fuel money and buy beer. It's working good for me except my wife and dog turned into a pillar of ice but I stood them in the corner and they make nice lookin furniture pieces. Come summer when they thaw I'll still have beer .

Gumby

LOL and how do you cook in them thermal thunder shorts gumby?

uncle potbelly bruce

• bebu
    bebu

Carmel, I love fireplaces. They are nice and cozy!! We have a gas fireplace, and we use it every day to heat up the front room where most stuff happens during the day. Our gas furnace really takes over when everyone returns home later.

Scooter... WOW. 40 below zero!!! Drink a lot of hot beverages--your hands and your stomach will thank you. I really do NOT envy you!!!!!!

I'm in Pacific NW, and it's been like being on the sidelines, watching all the wild weather everywhere else. (Obviously, I'm not in Portland!!!) It's been so mild here, our roses were still blooming thru the beginning of the year! But last week we had some temps in the 20s, though, so finally....

bebu

Gumby, electric thermal underwear... do they share the same outlet as your computer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit