Did humans rise to the top of the ladder because of a revenge gene?

by mkr32208 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Was discussing this with one of my Prof's the other day... He was lecturing about survival of the fittest and it occurred to me maybe it's survival of the meanest! He claimed that there were several species that were poised on the edge of becoming the next top predator when humans who seem weaker and less likely suddenly jump up and take over... It occurred to me that it may be because humans are always so pissed and ready to kill anything that moves!

Think of it this way if a human kills a lion what happens? Nothing the human eats the lion and goes about his business in his swanky new lion skin coat! Do all the other lions plot to kill him and all his friends? No, usually not! With humans its different we have a WAY over blown revenge gene! Kill one of us and were wiping out your whole species!!!! Just thought this was interesting and may be an explanation of why humans are at the top of the heap!

• under74
    under74

hmm...that's pretty interesting. Doesn't that have to do the the Meme Factor....or...nevermind. I only took Anthro 101.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*shakes fist* I'll get you for posting this!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

If that's true than we Sicilians should have run of this planet soon! lol

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit