I finally ordered today! + extras

by AloneinOh 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Finally got around to ordering C.O.C and In search of Christian freedom. They only had 5 paperbacks of C.O.C in stock. I bought all 5 and also 1 hardback. In search of Christian freedom is for myself as well as 1 of C.O.C. One of C.O.C I will send to my parents (both are 60 year witnesses). The rest, I'm not sure yet. I'm going to check with the local library and if they don't have a copy I will ask if I can donate one. Was also wondering if any of the local schools would let me donate one to them for the library.

Any experience with donating books like this?

Anyone have any other ideas of where to leave them at? I will be getting more that I will be sending to every jw I know.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

My hubby & I donated CoC and ISOCF to our local library. We told them it was needed in the area. They put it up on the shelve right away.

We also donated a copy of both to the library where my parents live. They sold them at the next library sale.

Be sure they will put them on the shelve.

And welcome to the board.

Joy

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    We also donated a copy of both to the library where my parents live. They sold them at the next library sale.

It's a shame the book won't be available to read and borrow from that library - but hopefully whoever bought it read it and got themselves free! (And who knows - maybe they passed it on to someone else who was shy to go out and buy it or order it!)

• bebu
    bebu

Good for you, Alone. You'll enjoy those books.

Glad to see you posting, btw!

bebu

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Thanks!

really looking forward to it. I should have them by friday and the first reading finished by sunday. I won't be able to put it down until it's finished.

I'm starting to feel not so alone now thanks to you all.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I understand the feeling...

Mine came in the mail just this past Tuesday. I loaned one to my dad (ISOCF) and am reading CoC myself.

Very freeing.

Welcome to 'the club'!

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit