Are the JWs ===THIS === Freaky ??

by Lampokey 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lampokey
    Lampokey

If anyone perceives the Jehovah's Witnesses as a strange bunch , then please do take a look at THIS site:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net

Regrettably, a condition of registration is that their beliefs are not to be questioned on the forums.

I will find a way around this by careful syntax . This is far too good a chance to play one of my favourite games (it's called "Devil's Advocate").

The Landover site is helping me hurtle ever closer to the inevitable conclusion that organised religion is , as we say in back home in England when dismissive of utter nonsense , a Load of Bollocks.

The best route to salvation is , probably , to follow the Ten Commandments (or maybe Nine , if you still accept JW teaching about the Sabbath).Religious debate about the precise interpretation of Scripture is tremedously enjoyable , but , if the goal is to arrive at universal agreement , it is ultimately futile .Of course , if the purpose of debate is to expose hypocrisy , it is worthwhile.

And if on Judgment Day the Big Guy condemns you , ask Him :

"If You were truly concerned about my salvation - why did You give me so many choices of religions to follow? I kept Your commandments - what more did you want ?"

Of course , any good and loving father protects and guides his children by ensuring they have only narrow choice of alternatives.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Quote taken from site: "Believe on Jesus Christ and his Republican party and you will be saved!"

Just think that there are Americans you actually believe this

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* if you you look at the Landover home page you will find it is a parody, but they are heavy hitters in the "give the hard core bible bastards hell" branch.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby

Valoudmouth,

*beats me to the answer*

Lol...I also had thought these guys were for real when I had first seen the site.

Gumby

• sf
    sf

Betty Bowers IS God!

Although I worship Betty Crocker myself.

sKally

• gumby
    gumby

Better Crocker was hot! I have a picture of her in her underwear

Gumby

• Lampokey
    Lampokey

Well , initially I did think it was a parody - til I got to the registration rules bit!

I guess the girl in the Jesus panties should've given it away!

OK if it is , I'll take that "on the chin".Forgive me - and no offence intended to Americans , as I consider myself a "US-ophile" - but we British have a strong impression that the USA is full of freaky cults.Landover seemed to fit this conception perfectly! A bit too pat , I guess.

Anyway , I still stand by comments that organised religion is a Load of Bollocks.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Want to throw up all over yourself and your computer? http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2295 click that link. I dont know if this is sarcasm..but if it is...people sure seem to be taking it a step too far.

• gumby
    gumby

Lostreality....I agree. I'm not sure if the forum posts were a parody or not. If not....it's one sick forum that should be banned. They sound like Clan members.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL You can't ban Landover Baptist Gumby it's one of the greatest, if not the greatest anti-fundamentalist sites on the wwweb.

I know much of the parode goes "too far" but it really kicks Jesus freak/Biblenut butt! Tyrants and totalitarian power freaks hate few things more than being parody'd and satired by people who know what they're talking about.

I know some of it has an evil australian bent but there's a good reason for that.

Australians find the site extremely funny - it was extensively reviewed and recomended in major newspapers recently. I find the fact that American Baptists are even more fanatical than JW's and infiltrating that nations political institutions etc.. disturbing to say the least.

cheers, anti-fascist unc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit