Book having to do with JWs

by under74 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under74
    under74

no, no...the author of the book, Jim DeRogatis, is not a JW. Lester Bangs, whom the book is about was a JW. In the book the author brings up dubism a lot but doesn't seem to know what he's speaking about.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Fairmind- Never heard of that book before. But yeah, I don't know if it's a whole apolegetics thing or what although in this Lester bangs book, DeRogatis writes about the JWs as though they were bizarre and it was a destructive influence on Bangs, the facts and descriptions of JWs in the book makes it sound somewhat normal or run-of-the-mill as far as religions go.

• under74
    under74

So I e-mailed the author late last night with all the problems with JW doctrine and beliefs listed and to my surprise he e-mailed me back right away. He sounded actually somewhat apologetic for some of the mistakes and said he relied a bit on what some of Bangs relatives (current JWs) said about the religion and wrote that he tried to read a lot of JW material.

Anyway, I e-mailed him back and thanked him for replying and I gave him the address to the freemind.org bookstore in case he ever does a follow-up book and needs JW information.

So, that ends that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit