Goodbye everyone......

by chipster 7 Replies latest jw friends

• chipster
    chipster

just a note to all of you...i have been following this board for the past several weeks, and indeed it has been a most interesting experience.
    i guess when i first came here, i had hopes that this might be a place for support and that maybe i would find some people that were indeed spiritual and were in fact trying to find a way of establishing a relationship with Jehovah apart from being part of an organization( yes, take a look at the URL for this site)..but, dissapointingly, what i have found is a lot of bitterness, complainiing, ugly name calling, labeling, and even outright hatred towards individuals and an organization that most were once part of....it seems that many are stuck in a very negative place, caught up in the role of "victim" and they are full of regret for wasting so much of their life 'in the truth'...
    i guess the reality hit me the other day with a post that clearly stated that there really is no common denominator here other that this is a bunch of ex-JWs...this is not necessarily spiritual fellowship..nor does it pretend to be...
    know what guys???i wish you all the very best in your individual journey.....but i have come to the realization that this board really offers nothing to me....
    i'm leaving today on an 11 day journey into the wilderness to take some time for meditation, introspective thinking...and yes...some journaling...and yes..even some praying....
    i don't think i'll be back here.

hasta la vista, baby!

chip

• Latte
    Latte

Chipster,

I wish you all the very best.

I also understand.

Latte

• Simon
    Simon

All the best Chipster

Sorry we weren't what you wanted.

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Bye Chipster

• nelly136
    nelly136

bye chipster, hope you have a great time on your trip,
    and find your path to whatever/whoever youre looking for
    all the best
    nelly

• JAVA
    JAVA

Chip,

I wish you well on whatever you're seeking. I believe you'll find like-minded people on this forum, but the forum is what we make it. Some threads have topics that bring out the best or worst in people. If I get tired of name calling or don't like the thread, I switch to another. Sometimes I feel like jumping in and having a cyber romp, and other times not. However, your parting post seems more like a parting shot than a farewell. We're not all like you nor on your journey, and the same can be said for each member of the forum. There are a variety of topics and people here; they come in many colors, shapes, and sizes. This is not a Kingdom Hall where we are forced on a narrow path set by control freaks.

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• think41self
    think41self

Bye Chipster,

Wish you all the best on your journey of self growth.

Funny, my experience here on this board is the exact opposite of what you say yours has been. I have made some great friends here and found much support. There are ones here who are bible believers, and non, Jesus believers, and non, atheists, and non. In other words, I think if you had looked a little harder, you would have found some with similar beliefs as you. And it is interesting discussing beliefs with someone who DOESN'T think the same as you...very stimulating.

Anyway, have a great time on your "vision quest" and I hope you find the peace you are seeking.

Tracy

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Chipster,

I'm sorry this board isn't what you've thought it to be. But unlike you, I've had a great experience because I feel I've MADE it a great experience. I've kept an open mind and let people voice their opinions (even if I disagree with them) and express their emotions (in ways that I may not approve of). Just remember the majority of us came from a very repressed religious environment. It feels good to express emotions and opinions however we feel comfortable doing it. It may offend others - it may offend God. But keep in mind that God probably understands our behavior even if other people don't. Please keep coming back...you can have a good experience if you really want to.

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit