I love Ebay.....I saved and made $$$$

by HappyDad 19 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Anyone have experience selling on Ebay?

I recently started learning about it and bought a brand new Total Gym (the infomercial by Chuck Norris and Christy Brinkley). It sells for $1,495.00 if you call the infomercial number. The one I got is the model previous to the one that is now advertised. It sold for $1,395.00. There were about 75 brand new units being sold and I finally got one for $300.00 Body Builderplus shipping. Great deal as far as I'm concerned!

So then I decided to sell a few things. My first item sold today. It was a David Clark headset used when I was an active pilot. I tried to get $100.00 at the airport and no one wanted it. It sold today on Ebay for $207.00. I LOVE EBAY! I also have some machinist tools listed and they are currently being bid on.

Now......I found an old book in my closet...it is a soft cover book printed by the Bible Students. The title is:

SOUVENIR NOTES

BIBLE STUDENTS' CONVENTION

(how can I stop from double spacing?)

It has the crown and cross on the cover and a lot of pictures of the "elite" from the early society. It is in good condition and only one page out of 300 has a part missing. Since a 1934 yearbook just sold for $150.00 on Ebay, I was wondering if any of you think I should start the bidding on this book at $100.00

Any input will be appreciated.

HappyDad

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    (how can I stop from double spacing?)

Press the [Shift] key and the [Enter] key simultaneously.

• Balsam
    Balsam

We buy and sell on ebay. We've made a few bucks. Nothing outstanding. Enjoy it as a hobby. Prices are increasing though for sellers on there so you will see a lot of people stop putting cheap things on there. Too costly. Balsam

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I ebay alot! I use to sell years ago but got out of that and now am more into buying. No matter what you are looking for, someone is bound to have it for sale!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

so glad that you posted this!

I gotta question: Do you think my Millenium Edition World Book encyclopedia set would sell? I have a seller's acct. but I'm very unsure about selling that, bc everyone uses the Internet to find their info, but I'm thinking it could be a collector's item.

call me crazy.

laters

kaykay_mp

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Kaykay,

From what I've seen, anything and everything can sell on ebay. You can see if there is something similar listed there and what it is going for.

You're right though! The internet is the information world now and always changing.

HappyDad

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Scootergirl.............

I think I will wind up doing more buying than selling myself. You're right! Whatever you want or need is on ebay. Lots of new stuff too!

HappyDad

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

As far as the Encyclopedia selling, I would run a search of completed items and see what it has sold for in the past. Then you can start the bidding (or reseve) according to that.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I love ebay for buying and selling! My concern with the encyclopedia would be the shipping it's pretty heavy right? You can lose your A$$ on shipping if your not carefull! I stopped selling video games because if I sold a game for less than 2.75 and charged 5 shipping I lost money! Not including what I had PAID for the game!...

I don't sell much anymore mostly just buy... I do have a nice little David Clark headset sitting here on the desk that I've been thinking of selling though...

• morty
    morty

I Love ebay myself.....hooked on the damn thing actually.....I bought alot of x-mas gifts this year such as video games, parts, head sets,and I even bought Hip Tickets on there....

The only thing I find you have to be careful with when bidding is the shipping costs...Some of them will screw ya on it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit