Apostates at assemblies...

by TheApostleAK 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

The event took place about seven years ago. I was involved in an anti-cult support group. A half dozen of us found the most stategic spots we could and stood with our signs. The signs had our phone number and some simple pleasant messages.
    The young lad who stopped and talked with me was searching. We chatted on and on. People could hear our conversation and the expressions on their faces showed their dissapproval. At one point, some attendants attempted to shoo us away. We calmly told them that the sidewalk was public property and thereby fairgame for us to use to express our opinions. They were not happy about that.
    Back to the lad. We chatted for nearly twenty minutes. Then his mother (he's 19 mind you) came up to him and scolded him, dragging him away. (Poor fellow, being treated like a 9 year old.) It was at that precise moment that my parents (whom I had not spoken with for years and years) passed by. In the heat of the moment, I said, "Hi, Dad!" I'm sure that didn't go over well.
    All-in-all, the experience was a memorable one.
    All those ill-fitting suits and somber faces. I'm glad I'm out.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

next you should try the tactic that we dubs use in the field service......set up somhwere and strike up a fake conversation with your friend......others are bound to here....if they are like most people, however, when they here us...they will run the opposite way.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Winston,

I think we need to get our heads together and come up with some way to get information to the average JW. Maybe their is something starring us right in the face and we don't even know it.

Prior to posting flyers with one of silentlambs' ad messages on the entrance and exit routes to my local District Convention and then riding around with the same ad on both sides of my van and the website URL on my windshield and rear window, I also hand-delivered those flyers to any elders I knew and their neighbors. My goal was to wake up the elders to the fact that the pedophile protection policy "cat" was "out of the bag" and to advertise that fact with the public so that the elders would perhaps be shamed into protesting the policy.

Making up 500 flyers at Kinko's didn't cost too much -- under $35.00 on colored paper.

My next campaign will be delivering copies of the British elder letter to as many Jehovah's Witnesses as addresses I can find listed in the phone book. I plan to do this in August so that when the Dateline program publicity trailers begin in September, the "Friends" will remember the letter and be more likely to tune in for the program.

Could something like this work where YOU live?

outnfree

P.S. If you want or need to remain anonymous: deliver the flyers on meeting nights or early Saturday morning! ;)

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

My favorite method of information dissemination:

Print up several large self-adhesive mailing labels with a brief, thought-provoking message and stick on the back of bathroom stalls and urinals in the convention center.

Imagine: Sister Unaware sits down to take a crap and reads the crucial message: "Did you know that New Light must be approved by only two-thirds of the Governing Body, not by all? You could be disfellowshipped for a 'crime', even though a majority of the GB thinks there's nothing wrong with it."

Or Brother Doubting walks up to the urinal and reads the message stuck to the nearby wall: "When was Jerusalem destroyed? 607 BCE? Check any encyclopedia. It says 586. So what about 1914?"

Just a thought. Feasible? Comical? Maybe both?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Notblind:

It all helps. Avalanches start with the tiniest pebbles rolling down the hill.

Slipnslidemaster: "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. "
    - Martin Luther King Jr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit