What Do You Think Happens To Our Loved Ones That Die?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I don't see what's so hard to accept or understand about the state of non-existence.

Me neither, EXCEPT when you have seen someone after they have "passed on". (I'm not even going to go there, let everyone believe what they want ... My belief: there definately is an afterlife.)

Re: Doggy Heaven .... haven't seen one of my numerous dogs since they've passed, but I believe higher life animals have "souls"... therefore, they too still exits (more so than some of the "soul-less" people I've known)

my 2 cents, based on experience

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

our ego's would only allow us to believe that there is something after death.people can't accept that they are nothing,thats what causes religion and all other philosiphy on death.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It would seem that if dead people could visit living people, it would happen all the time. Your dead relatives would come over to visit, and bring their dead relatives with them, who would of course bring theirs along. Granted, it would get crowded, but they're spirits, so it's all good, right?

The fact that it only happens once in a blue moon to one person out of a million says something's amiss.

Not saying it doesn't happen, just that I don't understand it.

Dave

• the bandersnatch esq.
    the bandersnatch esq.

Interestingly, in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, when you die you experience whatever afterlife you have believed in when you were living.

So, warriors do go to Valhalla, the faithful do spend an eternity in paradise... and most interestingly of all: those who believe they are going to hell really do go there, whether they deserve to or not (many good people believed they were going to hell through their religious beliefs, even though they lived good lives).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Fertilizing flowers

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    So Ken, I guess this rules out "doggy heaven", huh?

if there's a doggy hell, i bet he's goin' there...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really don't want to pretend to know,,but I do feel partial too death and rebirth of ego's or individual "I",,, maybe even in another dimension,,but hey I don't see any hard proof for this idea but the nice thing about feeling it could be or it could not be true is that you don't have to be right,,and the uncertainty does provide a certain hmmm,,,kind of semi eagerness one may feel to get there maybe find out..if nothing then you are gone and it don't matter any more because your not around to care one way or the other.

• MrsLea
    MrsLea

In reference to the question "What happens when a loved one dies?" I would like to tell you my experience of when my sister died. She was a devote JW. I mean devout! She was in another state away from me when she passed. We were very close, like mother and daughter. She well knew how I felt about the JW's. I'm disassociated. I never was much of a JW. Anyway, the night she passed she came to my bed and woke me up. She said ?Jenny you need to wake up now." I said ?What" she said it again ?Jenny you need to wake up." She was beautiful and very radiant. I reached out to her saying ?Wait! Don't leave. Come back!" as I'm reaching out to her my telephone rings and, her son told me she just died. She wanted me to know that she was going to a better place. Just for the record this is absolute facts. I'm so happy for her. Of course I had to go to her Memorial Service at the KH knowing full well where she was. So anyway, just wanted to share this and no I'm not a new poster it?s been a while since I've posted, and then it was under a different name Searchin50.

Thanks for reading,

MrsLea05

• flower
    flower

I agree with the majority who posted above and I also find it fascinating that people have such a hard time with the concept that we are no more special than any other living creature. As humans we protect ourselves from the painful concept of nonexistance by inventing the 'afterlife'. I suppose for many its a good thing to hang onto the fantasy so that they can move on with their lives. Kinda like Cypher couldnt handle the reality in the Matrix and needed the fantasy.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus. After having read: Searching For Eternity, a Scientist's Spiritual Journey to Overcome Death Anxiety. By Dr. Don Morse. I now believe that some form of afterlife must exist.

Dr. Morse's vast research includes, near - death and out - of - body experiences and much more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit