... you might be from the Pacific Northwest if:

by BrendaCloutier 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

...you're the main character in one of Ann Rule's true crime books.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    ...you're the main character in one of Ann Rule's true crime books.

Ouch! Hey, today I awoke to freezing rain. Portland is an ice rink! AND we happen to be hosting the Int'l Ice Skating Championships! An Ice Event during and Ice Event! Take that either way... And the idots out there attempting to navigate. All bridges are blocked by 'em. The freeways are clear, you just can't get to 'em.

• onacruse
    onacruse
    you might be from the Pacific Northwest if:

You compulsively watch channel 2, 6, 8, and 12, as if the meteorologists have even a clue about what's going to happen.

I especially laughed while watching the ODOT cams showing all those TriMet busses slammed against the curbs (quote ex-Mayor Katz: "We're ready for the next major storm.")

I will follow my leaders, come what may.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    21. You notice, "The mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.

Boy that's the truth. A few years ago, they were suggesting changing the name of Mt. Ranier to Mt. Tahoma, it's original name, and it got voted down saying no one calls it anything except The Mountain. Below you can see the Seattle skyline and why we just call it "the mountain". It kind of dominates, don't you think?

I would add to the list:

#35. You can identify 10 shades of gray.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Mulan:

#35. You can identify 10 shades of gray.

Sorta like the Seahawks?

LOL

(At least they're not as pathetic as those Dallas Cowboys).

• bebu
    bebu
    25. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.

I never used an umbrella until I went to live in Japan for awhile. And I thought they were all wimps over rain for the longest time!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit