Cancun

by Evesapple 28 Replies latest jw friends

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    Wifey became paranoid about sharks, smelling the scent, and no matter how hard she tried she could not go in the water. I had to ask the operator for a bucket, and hold up a towel for her at the back of the boat so she could "relieve" herself.

Do you plan on coming home tonight, dear?

cj "of the small bladder class"

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    how long do they keep you out there?

each stop I believe was a half hour.

cj

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

If you could get away for one dive in the morning, I recommend diving Dos Ojos, a freshwater cave system that any open water certified diver could do. There are breaks along the passage ways and light comes streaming in lighting up the cave like a cathedral. It blew me away. You can snorkle parts of it. You'll need a wetsuit as the water is cold. The water viz is a stunning 300 feet as it is filtered by limestone. A great adventure.

http://www.hiddenworlds.com.mx/

• Makena1
    Makena1

Wow - Cancun - have not been there since 1982 - but we had a fantastic time. I am sure its a lot more built up by now.

We did the snorkle boat to Isla Mujeres - was OK

Windsurfing

Totally enjoyed the Mayan ruins at Tulum overlooking an incredible beach - also snorkeled at Xelha - salt and fresh water reserve, and finally tok the high speed shuttle to Cozumel for the day. Rented a scooter, snorkeled, had a fabulous lobster lunch on a secluded beach.

Oh - and yes we did bar thingy, tequila shots. lol

Have a wonderful time!

Mak

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

MegaDude....that looks awsome....I'll have to make a return dive trip some other time with my hubby....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You'll love it! I've been there. It's awesome!!!

Enjoy the beaches!!!

DY

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    Enjoy the beaches!!!

OH YEAH!!!

• G Money
    G Money

I sent you a PM. I live there part time. In the states now but will be there when you are there. Hurricane Ivan took alot of sand from the beaches in September exposing many rocks. No more boogie boarding for a while. A must do Club is Coco Bongo. Dady O's is fun as well as The City if they have a good DJ. Nectar is the premiere afterhours club from 3am until 6 or 8am. More locals there so if you don't speak Spanish, you may not have much conversation.

Ruth Chris's Steak House opened up a few weeks ago as well as the huge new Aqua by Fiesta Americana.

Plaza La Isla is a good plaza to shop in and see movie and is in the hotel zone. If you go in town, go to Plaza Las Americas.

Fat Tuesday's is fun Tuesday nights for Mardi Gras but seeing boobs gets old after the first time there. spring Break is a blast there but other time you'd wish the girls kept their shirts on. I was almost at the point to give beads so they wouldn't flash!

For cheap drinks and fun with the locals, take the bus to the "centro" to Ave. Yaxchilan. Los Arcos has 2 for 1 drinks all the time and they cost 25-43 pesos, about $2.10 - $4.00 USD.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

hey thanks I just sent you a PM as well.....

we want to find some great local joints, we both speak Spanish so that's not a problem

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

welcome to the board too! GMoney, I noticed you just started today :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit