NBC and the SPIN of it all

by crossroads 15 Replies latest jw friends

• crossroads
    crossroads

I use to respect Brian Williams no longer.
    "Warning to all parents out there with young children
    about cars and the summer heat. In the last five days
    4 children have DIED locked in cars.THE PARENTS
    MEANT NO HARM"---what spin---respect for Brian gone.
    Two more INNOCENT children die NBC not calling
    for blood this time.Two stories so "warmly "given two different dads two , two different states, one in a mini-van, another in a SUV.One baby 4 months old the other 6 months old.Can ANY father out there tell me how this is accidental? Story ,seems the dads put there babies into vehicles in there car seats and left for work. On the way to work they FORGOT to drop there babies off at day care. They got to work got out of car and locked the door and went
    into work. Leaving there babies to die inside car.
    ACCIDENTAL----ACCIDENTAL all over NBC's story.
    This is MURDER my fellow fathers the babies are
    DEAD and the fathers are to blame----should we
    execute then-------hell we won't even indict them it was after all JUST an ACCIDENT. The MEDIA spins it all
    in case you didn't know that.

To me this is much worse then bombing unknown
    childern.(and there is some debate if Tim knew they were
    there or not and if he knew when he did.) These guys were the BABIES DAD's and they FORGOT they were in the very car they put them in. FORGOT----ACCIDENTAL----------
    NO HARM MEANT. If nothing else these guys should be
    castrated but we all know thats crule and inhumane
    punishment, and after all they did nothing wrong it was
    all an accident.

• mommy
    mommy

Crossroads,
    Insane. When I lived in Florida, I hated summertime. Between the "accidental" drownings and "accidental" heat deaths. I did not even want to watch the news. How is it that so many parents are warned, time and again, but still so many choose to ignore this advice. It is awful, for the parents as well, to know they contributed to this.

Not really much can be done that hasn't been done already. This is not new news, and I am sure every person has heard of this before. So many children die every year due to accidents, but so many could have been avoided. SO sad. I have nothing really left to say.
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You actually had respect for Brian Williams of "PMSNBC" before this story? ROTFLMAO!!!! I will, when I am in the proper mood, and with the barf bag opened and ready, watch "bent head" man at 10:00pm on NBC's finance channel. At least he doesn't make nasty remarks about the homeless like his main anchor did. Then there is "perky Katie" - God she is awful.

Well Brain is a little better than "Captain Dan the News Man" but not much.

The lamestreet press is just a disaster for the most part. The thing that drives me nuts is how they set the agenda. Just look at how they helped McCain with pushing Campaign Finance reform. You would have thought it was the most important thing on the planet. Even though Americans have bigger worries such as health care etc.

I bet that if the press went after the two dads like the way they are going after that congressman right now there wouldn't be as many needless deaths like this.

Good observations.

hawk

• Princess
    Princess

It is illegal to leave your children in the car unattended. Accidently or not. Next time I see a child in a car alone I intend to pick up my cell phone and call the police. I've done enough warning.

Princess

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is an emotional, heart-rending story. As a father myself, I know there is no excuse for "losing track" of helpless babies or infants in your care, never ever!

As far as the news spin, I do believe Brian Williams was over-generalizing for all the cases. How the hell does he know about how responsible and loving the parents were in these cases? Jeez, just report the news!

It would have been more accurate to say, at least in the case here in Minnesota, that the authorities are investigating whether criminal charges are to be filed against the parent(s) involved.

Here's a quote from the Minneapolis newspaper. The Mr. Johnson involved is the police chief of Blaine, Minnesota where one of these baby-deaths occurred.

"There is nothing that would lead us to think this is anything more than an unfortunate set of circumstances," Johnson said.

"It's a terrible day in Blaine and I'm sure it's a terrible day for the friends and family of this little boy," the chief said.

The identities of the father and the baby weren't released Tuesday night. Police questioned the man, but Johnson said he wasn't under arrest. The man cooperated with investigators, Johnson said.

"There is no reason he would be held in custody," Johnson said. "We will be giving the information to the Anoka County attorney's office and they will review the case and decide whether charges will be brought against this man."

There has been endless discussion of this case on radio call-in shows here in Minnesota. Most are amazed that the parents could be so careless. Yet there is sympathy extended toward the parents who have lost their little one. As far as whether to prosecute, that is such a tough call. Some feel that the death of the child and the accompanying notoriety is punishment enough.

Just wanted to report what the mood is here in one affected community.

GopherEven if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    Will Rogers (1879-1935)

• outnfree
    outnfree

Good for you, Princess!!!

I think I'll follow your lead...

outnfree

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

• willy_think
    willy_think

i'm with crossrods

kill the dum people. no need to look into each case on its own. just kill the people who we hate. kill the people who make us mad! kill the people who "FORGOT".

"To me this is much worse then bombing unknown
    childern." kill the people who bomb! even thow thay are not as bad as the dumb people who forgot.

"If nothing else these guys should be
    castrated"

castrate the dum people! castrate the MR people! castrate people we hate!

Warning!!! warning!!!

you were warned! you didn't lisen to the true warning now you will DIE! death is the price for being dum!!

one of my frends put his baby in a baby swing with the belt on wrong.
    dad naped, baby died. the end. NOT!! every day that man cryes, dies and kills his baby over and over. but KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL!! kill him he did make me mad that dum ass. don't tell me he didn't mean it he was warned! IT's on the box the swing came in!!! kill

It is illegal to leave your children in the car unattended. Accidently or not. Next time I see a child in a car alone I intend to pick up my cell phone and call the police. I've done enough warning.

i do that to. a lot of times moms/dads who do that kind of thing have more going on at home and the police will call DSS who will look into there home life. maby DSS can't help maby thay can.

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • crossroads
    crossroads

Mommy---I live in AZ. and the leading cause of death
    for children 0--4 years old is drowning. We have public
    service announcments on the radio and tv all day long
    and still they drown. It makes me sick seeing these parents
    on tv crying accident, accident. The accident from the dad
    was firing that sperm in the first place and dear ol' mom
    catching it now that was an accident.

Willy------I'm against the death penalty I was just trying
    to make a point, It looks like some people actually
    got it this time. No one brought up my reference of
    McVeigh which I was just using to try and make people
    think about the MEDIA's use of the term INNOCENT children.
    MEDIA never use's the term INNOCENT chlidren in these
    ACCIDENTAL deaths, of well I guess the MEDIA would have
    to say guilty children.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    MEDIA never use's the term INNOCENT chlidren in these
    ACCIDENTAL deaths, of well I guess the MEDIA would have
    to say guilty children.

that is true. i think that is because manny people think, it is all right to kill people we call "guilty". and not all right to kill people we call "innocent". as if it would have been some how better if mcveigh had bombed a group of death row inmates. buy calling the people "innocent" thay are telling people, who think it is all right to kill, that these victims are the wrong ones to kill. the excecutioner must be punished, unlike the executioners that are employed by the state who must be paid. ofcourse we are being tould how to feel about Mcveigh and about the states killers and about the dads who fail to keep there kids alive.

"innocent victim"= hate the killer
    "guilty victiom"= love the killer
    no mention of I/G = pity the killer

i think you may have picked up on the loaded language the press uses. but your anger was focused on the dads and there deeds.

i'm glad you don't think it is ok to decide to kill and then kill, no matter if you are paid by the state on not.

i am sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. the kind of life lived by the victim or the victiom's deeds have no reveavance, nor are thay a justification to kill. i see your point now. maby if that is it.

if we say that an innocent life has more value then a guilty life.can we not say that a yung life hase more value then a very old life? can we not then say that a cops life hase more value then a robbers life? can we not say that the life of one we love has more value then one we hate? can we not say that the life of a country men hase more value then a foreiner? can we say that not all life is equal? can we say that the life of our one or our own race hase more value then the life of another race?

in the U.S. we do and to what end? dead black men. a police force who investigate the killing of white kids and not black "gangsters". and a sliding scale to assign value to life.

• crossroads
    crossroads

AMEN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit