mind games to free yourself of jw fear mentality

by boy@crossroads 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• POs Son
    POs Son

I was never baptized, in fact never 'studied' outside of family bible study as a kid. Nevertheless, after announcing that I didnt want to be a dub to my parents, even now, some 12 years later, I must force myself to participate in birthdays, Xmas, Thanksgiving etc. I did become fiercely patriotic (my folks still cringe at teh sight of my US Flag on the house), and now am trying to refing christianity on my own.

Well, its a slow process... but now I have my own child, and need to offer her strong beliefs and morals, but have to be careful not to skew her with old JW thinking.

Any thoughts?

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I understand your concerns POs son. Your concerns about raising your child the best you can? So what is the best spiritual path to lead a child down? Do you raise them to question every little thing such as the witnesses (birthdays, xmas, caffeine -a mormon taboo). Or do you raise them with no concept of God at all?

As far as giving morals to your daughter, I've always observed that if you want children to be moral then the parent must set the example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit