It's not your game anymore

by Seven 15 Replies latest social physical

• Seven
    Seven

I was told by a Canadian gentleman last night that
    women don't know "dick" about hockey-unless of course they are Canadian Women. Hmmmm. Do you mean Canadian women like like ones that represented you in Nagano in '98? Let me refresh your memory. Valentines Day, Feb. 14th, USA 7 CANADA 4. GOLD MEDAL GAME-Feb. 17th, USA 3 CANADA 1. Stay tuned for a repeat in SALT LAKE CITY. Not bad for girls who don't know "dick."

Your hockey dominance ended a long time ago my friends. Can you say Jagr, Bure, Hasek, Federov, oh the list is endless, isn't it? It is a global game now. There are at least a half-dozen teams out there now (world/olympic competition) capable of winning any tourney one can organize.

Where are the Nordiques and Jets? Where THE FANS ARE, THAT'S WHERE!!!!! In the good old USA! Maybe if the Leafs can lure Scotty Bowman away from the Wings they can bring the Cup back up north of the border. I know it's been so long for you people up there. Canada's last appearance-a losing effort in '94 by Mike Keenan's Canucks. Practice makes perfect.
    Seven

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

LOL 7.

I'll have to teach my friends not to throw rocks and run away leaving Path to argue a subject he knows nothing about. Perhaps if I take up gambling or something.

Stay tuned anyway. The main rock-thrower likely will make an appearance around 11.

One question for you 7. Are you a DALLAS stars fan?

Path

• Seven
    Seven

Path, You can't be blamed when your friends drop their gloves and run, leaving you with your sweater pulled up over your head flailing helplessly.

Am I a Dallas fan? Not exactly. I am however a big Mike Modano as well as a Brett Hull fan. I'm thrilled for the Dallas fans that they won a cup for them-right in the heart of football country.

seven

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

damn u, 7

• Seven
    Seven

Path, For that remark I have no choice but to issue you a Game Misconduct penalty. Don't worry you have 2 more before you get suspended. You will have to pay a $200.00 fine-in US dollars, not that funny money you use.seven

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Ok what sort of bills do you use in "Nepal" anyway? Just because we call our dollar the "looney"... Nevermind. Where the heck is Nepal? And if you really are in Nepal, why are you behaving like a lousy American? (Didn't we kick your asses in 1812 or something?)

I'm beginning to think you don't really live in Nepal.[>:(]

And damn the fine and your "misconduct penalty". That will cost me like $500 in "monopoly" money.

Path (who has an old Nordiques touque kicking around somewhere)

• Simon
    Simon

Is hockey, like, 'popular' or something?
    We just watch football over here...that's football that you play with your feet, not what Americans call 'football' which they really play with their hands.
    Guys: I'm only teasing - I know didley squat about hockey other than there always seems to be a big fight - it seems more like team boxing really.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'all,

I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anybody deliberately unless it was, you know important - like a league game or something. Dick Butkus

No, I never broke my nose playing ice hockey; but eleven other guys did. Gordie Howe

And that sums up my knowledge of sports.

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Funny thing Simon, Canada won some kind of a cup last year in soccer (football), but no one really cared. Italians and Portugese and British and Irish and Brazilians here get quite worked up over it though.

Its a hockey town here. Pretty much every game sells out no matter how badly the Leafs do. Its a fun game to see live (unlike baseball), but they bleed people with high ticket prices here.

Of course, I can't say I'm into it at all. Just a "band wagon sitta" here. Lots of my friends play hockey. Some just have big mouths and like to talk. I just like to ride my board in the winter.

Actually I'm wimping out on that too. Nothing worse than getting out of the car at the hill and being blasted by an icy cold wind. I'm getting too old for the cold. (lol)

Path

• Zep
    Zep

How can youz watch Hockey?....i just cant follow it.Whenever i've watched it on TV...half my time is spent trying to figure out who has the damn puk, and just you figure out whos got it, the guy takes a swing and you loose it again.

You guys should take an interest in Cricket...it makes no sense to an outsider but atleast you can see the ball!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit