An Apology.

by SpannerintheWorks 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

OK, I suppose we are all capable of being arses every once in a while. A few days ago it was my turn. I was in a mean kind of mood and I took it out on this Forum, more specifically on Simon.

It just so happens that earlier that day I was reading about the scams that were going about where web sites were taking advantage of the Tsunami Disaster and were asking for donations, usually in a deceptive manner. What possessed me I do not know, but my little "simple" brain clicked into gear and the result were the posts as witnessed by most of you. And as if that was not enough, I had to "cling to the tiger's tail" and not let it go.

I still feel that the arrangement of the various icons could create a certain amount of confusion but I did not express that thought properly. None the less, in reflection, I now see that Simon was only doing what he felt best for the Disaster Emergency Committee, although it is not ideal.

Please accept my sincere apologies, Simon.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Apologizing in public? Man, didn't the Watchtower teach you *anything*? You should've waited a few years, then quietly accepted partial blame in a yearbook...

If I had a dollar for every time I'd been an arse, I wouldn't need to worry about my retirement...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Let's shun him for a while - just in case.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    If I had a dollar for every time I'd been an arse, I wouldn't need to worry about my retirement...

LoL,I know the feeling...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Almost Atheist....LOL, too bad we can't give him THE LOOK ...

• Brummie
    Brummie

Cool, now , lets get back to talking about that 3 figure sum..

Brummie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    You should've waited a few years, then quietly accepted partial blame in a yearbook

No, no, no, all he has to do is go back and REWRITE his posts and pretend none of it really happened.

How about this for The Look: Works on my kids.

Nina

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I still feel that the arrangement of the various icons could create a certain amount of confusion but I did not express that thought properly. None the less, in reflection, I now see that Simon was only doing what he felt best for the Disaster Emergency Committee, although it is not ideal.

Simon did do what he thought was best. I was not confused by the placing of logo's at the top of the page. The bottom line is that JWD and Simon's family (all JWD'ers) are trying to help in a crisis. The help provided by the links was more than any of us could do by ourselves.Was the help "ideal".. Who can give IDEAL HELP ??? We can only do the best we can.

I was happy to see your post.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Brummie:
    Last I heard it was six figures!!!

Spanner:
    Credit to ya. That takes cahunas.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks Spanner.

Share this

Google+