I feel great now.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Meaning of EMESIS BASIN
    WordNet Dictionary
    Definition: [n] a basin used by bedridden patients for vomiting
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul

Thanks Big Tex. Joy knew I was under the weather today, but you know how them medical types love flauntin' their high-falutin' terms *Evil Grin*. She could have just said "puke bucket" or "vomit pail" and nobody would have needed a dictionary.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Bro. Franz had to think when asked what his greatest joy was. He said, "Being a Kingdom Publisher..

you sure he didnt say " book publisher?"

• blondie
    blondie
    Make sure you all remember to follow Jesus example by EXCLUSIVELY relying on God's Word and on the earthly organization, just like Jesus did with the Pharisees and Sadducees

I wonder what earthly organization Jesus was relying on? This one:

When he caught sight of many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to the baptism, he said to them: "YOU offspring of vipers, who has intimated to YOU to flee from the coming wrath? MATTHEW 3:7

"Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in. 14 ?? 15 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen´na twice as much so as yourselves. 16 "Woe to YOU, blind guides, who say, ?If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.? 17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? 18 Also, ?If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.? 19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it; 21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it; 22 and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it. 23 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel! 25 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean. 27 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men?s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU build the graves of the prophets and decorate the memorial tombs of the righteous ones, 30 and YOU say, ?If we were in the days of our forefathers, we would not be sharers with them in the blood of the prophets.? 31 Therefore YOU are bearing witness against yourselves that YOU are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Well, then, fill up the measure of YOUR forefathers. 33 "Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are YOU to flee from the judgment of Ge·hen´na? 34 For this reason, here I am sending forth to YOU prophets and wise men and public instructors. Some of them YOU will kill and impale, and some of them YOU will scourge in YOUR synagogues and persecute from city to city; 35 that there may come upon YOU all the righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zech·a·ri´ah son of Bar·a·chi´ah, whom YOU murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 Truly I say to YOU, All these things will come upon this generation. 37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,?how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But YOU people did not want it. 38 Look! YOUR house is abandoned to YOU. 39 For I say to YOU, YOU will by no means see me from henceforth until YOU say, ?Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah?s name!?" MATTHEW 23:13-39
  • Gill
    Gill

Old soul! Great read. Brings back memories but makes me realise why I should DEFINITELY stay away from the KH because I'd be laughing too much.

Thanks

• TheListener
    TheListener

I heard this same outline not too long ago. I found it harder to sit through than most. The constant references to "faithful and discreet slave" and "doing more" were stomach turning.

Of course, everyone on the audience ate it up. The KH was packed, what with a CO in town and all.

Are you able to listen in on the phone often? or do you go the KH most of the time?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I don't understand the fascination with higher ups. I have to admit when I was younger (and in) I got caught up too, but now looking at it rationally I can't understand it.

The WTS doesn't claim to be 'divinely inspired' like the apostles were, but they are led by God... and there is so much emphasis on how special they are. It's double talk. They are plain old human beings making chit up.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    I don't understand the fascination with higher ups. I have to admit when I was younger (and in) I got caught up too, but now looking at it rationally I can't understand it.

I would imagine it's because they are so close to the communications and the food handed down by Jehovah God's faithful and discreet slave class, and every one is hanging on waiting for what new and inspiring information they will deliver...and it ends up being the same 'ol crap but somehow they fish out of the sermon something they are in awe over, when in reality it's just repitition with perhaps a little different wording...or said with different emphasis, that sends everyone clapping.....

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

The CO was visiting my mother's congregation last night and my mother asked me if I wanted to join her. I told her that I didn't want to attend and see all the hypocrisy in the week the CO visits. I remember when I was attending the meetings during the week the CO visits all the elder's were kissing the CO's butt. They were in all of the meetings and some would even take some time off from work to go preaching while the CO visited the congregation. But as soon as the CO left their service was back to normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit