What do you recommend after reading C.O.C. and I.S.O.C.F

by jt stumbler 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I have read C.O.C twice. Im 1/4 of the way through I.S.O.C.F. I would appreciate any recommendations as to the next good read. Thanks

• Swan
    Swan

Combatting Cult Mind Control
    by Steven Hassan

I read this soon after leaving the cult (years before I actually read any of Ray's books) and found it very helpful to understand the mind f**k they perpetrated on all of us.

Tammy

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Great books, jt stumbler! When you get through with those you might be ready for a little light reading, and some great humor, while you digest the first two. I recommend Gary Busselman's writings, if you haven't already read them! He can get pretty deep too - but his humor is really good too.

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

• Simon
    Simon

It depends what your interests are / what you are trying to prove (or disprove)

The Gentile Times Reconsidered is good as is Apocalypse Delayed

There are also plenty of good books debunking the whole bible / christianity nonsense. (in case you were tempted by another Jeeeesus "franchise")

• FairMind
    FairMind

I would recommend Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron. This book helped me to better understand why the mind control of the WTS is so strong even in the face of absolute truth that contradicts their teachings.

FM

• bebu
    bebu

Well, you could always read thru the Best Of section here at JWD. No kidding. Pick a subject or an author, or read thru experience threads. Some of the headings have tons of links in them, so scroll down. You'll learn a great deal... I think some of the folks here easily could be authors.

bebu

• prophecor
    prophecor

Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness by Dianne Wilson. A very easy reader, and coming from the perspective of a woman, it was quite the eye opener, for instance, I never knew that there was an issue regarding hearts as decorations, that they had some sort of evil connection, and they were questionable things to have displayed in your home. As well as a host of other issues, really a great read!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

After those two, go read one of the "you are here" maps at DisneyWorld. Live a little.

ps.... then read, "who wrote the bible?" and "The demon haunted world".

• battman
    battman

Try Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond Harvard PhD. 13,000 years of human history in 400 pages. explains why the aborigines are the way they are and why europeans are what they are today. Surprising premise and lots on evolution too. battman

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello jts

fwiw, and imvho, and in my own experience, "reading" has very severe limitations. One can "read" for years and years and all to tears, and yet still, somehow, not see their very own hand in front of their face.

Perhaps the hardest thing to do is to absorb the information with which you have already been presented.

So, my answer to your question: Stop reading, and start thinking (absolutely no personal insinuation intended).

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit