Why JWs Arn't Growing Like Some Other Faiths

by Undecided 15 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Would this have been the case at the KH?

Dubs will say so, and cite some example of extraordinary generosity -- and there are some. But hospitality is short-lived among JWs because of the overriding importance given to "the preaching work." One elder told a fading sister, who was one of those women always in attendance upon the sick and elderly, always the first to organize meals for the sick, and one of those people who was always there to help you move, repaint your living room, and so on: "You weren't very spiritual, you were always too busy helping people."

She said that was the eye opener that helped her walk away and not look back.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think the problem is not "the preaching work" JWs did not invent preaching. Infact most churches preach hench why they have preachers. It is also not a lack of "love" JWs are not aliens. The problem is in reality most JWs peolple have problems with are not very social and are basically like street gangs in the hall. If you are not in their gang they'll beat the crap out you, or if fortunate they'll totaly ignore you. THe titles don't help either. You'll be suprise about the insane "acts of love" you will never hear about because the you weren't "in the club". I mean I've found out insane things after they happend and wonder why either we were not told until it was almost over, and you are stuck looking like a callous idiot, or johny come lately.

I think another thing no matter how you put it there are some things jws can't do with a straight face. THey know it is wrong or stupid, and you are the new person. So it is like they are selling you a used car. "Its just a lil rust" I think so many people are replused not by the religion its self but by the uneasy stalemate JWs put them through.

A:"I love your faith can I be one of you guys?"

B: "Well you'll have to believe the moon is made of cheese, and then drink gutter water."

A: "But the moon is not made of cheese and gutter water is disgusting cant I join you religion anyway?"

B: "Well no you can't until you concede to drinking gutter water, and believing in cheese moon."

A: "But that has nothing to do with 99% of your religion, and it is just stupid. Well what if I just worship with you guys with out joining, can't I still benefit from it"

B: "Well yes but we will make you feel guilty for benefiting from us with out joining us every meeting"

• garybuss
    garybuss

Lol @ XQ Hahahahahaa

Great post XQ! Keep em comin:-)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1 Cor 13 - without love it is impossible - the witnesses have no real love - though they say they do

• heart2heart
    heart2heart

It was a real eye-opener for Kwin and I when we visited a local church (Baptist). We could not believe how hospitable and loving they are there. Also, they are bursting at the seams and raising money for a new building. In one weekend they received more than $40,000 in donations for the new building (from about 500 people) - I was blown away! The kids actually ask to go to church every Sunday and love it. Our friend told us that while he was away with the military, the church took care of his wife, phoned to make sure she was ok, if she needed anything, dropped by to shovel the driveway for her; just very caring. We were with a small group of people from the church and when the pastor found out we had only been attending for a little while, he immediately called everyone over and introduced us. There are a lot of teenagers and young couples, which is a big change from the Kingdom Hall - and everyone is genuine. The WTBS' myth of being the only ones with love, and the only ones to preach, the only ones centred on the family, the only ones experiencing growth, etc are just that - myths! In the five weeks we've been going to services at this church, we feel so much more welcome and at home than we ever did at the KH. The JW's will never experience the kind of growth that these other religions are. More likely, they will actually lose a lot because they can't keep the younger generations in, and the older ones will die off leaving very few to run the ship.

P.S. Very interesting about the mandatory "voluntary" field service - that thought had run through me a few times as well. The WTBS is not going to keep growing as long as they keep bullying/guilting people into following their rules.

Heart2Heart

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I met a really good friend who was very involved in her Catholic church. Every weekend they did social things with the teenagers. They even had a sleepover INSIDE the church, all the church ladies brought food and the kids watched movies and they had a blast. I thought it was so odd, but church is supposed to be a place for the community to not only worship God but also to rejoice. It made sense after I thought about it.

I don't attend church, don't really feel the need to, but living through Hurricane season I saw a lot of churches in our area become headquarters for relief, FEMA, Red Cross, etc could park their trucks in their parking lots for free... they had free hot meals for months to anyone who walked up. It was pretty amazing. The boy scouts did lots of clean up every weekend. It really touched me.

The JWs preach against religions, but the churches actually witnessed a lot during the hurricane disasters just by their actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit