Impartiality Watchtower style

by Norm 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Norm
    Norm
    Norm,
    How would you expect or want God to act? Please, if you can, give us a synopsis of how you think God should deal with mankind not a "God should not do this or that" kind of thing but rather a proactive scenario of what you believe God should do with regard to man. How about this very day, today, January 10, 2005 what in your opinion should God be doing with regard to the earth?
    Thanks,
    Sabrina

Well Sabrina, since God is a figment of every believers imaginaion, he tend to have many of the quealities that they give him.

So here is my fantasy God: Being omnipotent and all that, nothing would be impossible for him.
    First of all he should give a statement that he is really pissed at the people who wrote the Bible and making him look like a maniac. Then he should make it clear that we should all treat each other decent, nothing else would be tolerated. He would take care of all natural disasters seeing to it that no one perish from such events. People who wanted to commit terrorist acts or commit crimes would be stopped, no wars would be tolerated, all conflicts would be solved without bloodshed. Hunger, poverty and diseases would be over with, all these things would be easy for a caring loving God. Since you believers are so hung up on free will, everybody would of course be free to do what they want, just like today, but if anyone kill his fellow man, he would know the punishment for that. Unlike with us humans God will know exactly what is going on in a killers mind and can deal with him fortwith.

Thanks to Gods omnipresence nobody would be harmed or being unsafe as every individual would be looked after and protected against accidents. Only people who deliberately jumped off cliffs would be allowed to fall to their death, I. E. free will, etc.

You see, a retarded person, accidentaly dropped on the head to a concrete floor after birth, getting a waterhead would make a better job of anything then the God of the Bible.

What reality demonstrate to us is of course that there is no such thing as the Biblical concept of God out there. We are completely on our own. We are born alone, we live our lives alone and we die alone just like any other species around us. Ours is a lonly and harsh existence and pretty meaningless apart from the continuation of our species. But life has it's moments, lovely nature, good food, the love of a woman, the love you feel for your children and your friends and family. They are shorth fleeting and few, but they are all we get. Cherish them and be glad you had them, because there isn't anything else.

Take care,

Norm

• BigG
    BigG

There was another example of this and i apologise for not remembering where in the bible it is contained (maybe those who are more in the know can assist) but apparently some guy was hiding from wicked angels...(it could be in Sodom and Gomorrah thinking about it) and the angels were asking that the men in hiding be sent outside so the wicked angels could have relations with them...Whoever it was though didnt give the men he sent women out to satisfy them instead!!!??? and apparently whoever he was was blessed by this....now a couple of points here...one its certainly not impartial and two...does this indicate that women are to be treated less than men??!!!....from a discrimination lawyers point of view...i find this irreconcilable.

No elder has been able to explain this one to me...i wonder why???

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Norm,

First of all he should give a statement that he is really pissed at the people who wrote the Bible and making him look like a maniac.

Too funny!!! You got a chuckle out of me on that one!

You too take care, Norm.

Sabrina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit