My Son is Going Back to Iraq for his Second Tour

by Miata 48 Replies latest social current

• Miata
    Miata
    Carry on then, lecture away at Miata ... make sure to cover all the fine points as to why she should suck it up and get over her panic attacks and worry since the Contract signed makes them duty bound. I'm sure you'll win her over to your point of view real soon.

You go Bisous. LOL I definitely have a (no more than a) friend here.

• Miata
    Miata
    I dont believe that I was asking a question per se but just venting like the others on this thread have said and I certainly DID NOT want to turn this into a battle. I was just crying out. EXCUSE THE F--K oOUT OF ME!!! Now, since I know how it will be received, I wont bother to post on here anymore. Support is SUPPORT! It is not the insensitive crap that Ive heard from Little Witch and Capone. The truth is that I opposed my son going in the first place but he was 18 and could do what he wanted. Hell, he was still a God-damned virgin for Christ's sake. But I was not asking for your opinions about the war or the military. I was asking for support. Get it? So you dont need to lecture me on the contract okay? Enough said!!
    IP: S2r69aUQFEaGGnXR

Action :: Jump to: :: New Topic :: Reply :: Edit

Style: basic XP (IE Only) Compact

• Miata
    Miata
    Simply put... shut it and instead of whining like a 4 year old, maybe you should support your son... unless he's the one crying... then he's just a little priss.

Okay, Jynx? Is that right? Well I would figure that it is a name well placed. First of all my son is very brave and will do his "duty" no matter what!!! And the difference between him and you? Is that he has very good MANNERS which you do not. Obviously your momma didnt do a very good job teaching that common quality to you did she? So listen little man (cause it would take a very little man to post what you did) go back to your planpen and re-learn your manners okay? Thank you very much.

• bisous
    bisous

Miata, you have more than *a* friend here. Lots of folks empathize with you and your awful situation. I'm sorry that a few felt it necessary to badger you in the midst of your pain. Few of us can really understand what you are going through -- as I mentioned, unless they have a child in Iraq, they should keep their opinions to themselves.

I am a mom of a 21 year old son and I thank my lucky stars every day that there isn't a draft (yet) and that he is not in a position where he views enlisting as a "career choice" or as one of few choices he has to better himself. I have heard of the hard sell tactics ... IMO, the military is just a hair's breadth away from the definition of a cult.

hang in there.

edited to add: Not that I mean your son joined a cult, I mean the tactics they use to suck young people in are very similar to high control groups. I'm sure he, like thousands others, never dreamed they'd be (mis)used in the way they are.

• Miata
    Miata
    I mean the tactics they use to suck young people in are very similar to high control groups. I'm sure he, like thousands others, never dreamed they'd be (mis)used in the way they are.

No you are right, he was strong armed recruited the moment he graduated from High school and they promised him all sorts of rewards. But the fact of the matter is that he is a very honorable lad and he will finish this whatever the cost. One of his favorite sayings is "you cannot gain honor by acting dishonorably" and one of the things he did out there was to save an Iraqie woman from being raped by our OWN men. He saved her and then turned the two soldiers over to military police and then was forced to kill her father right in front of her. He will receive a medal for that. Anyway, he is a good man and he will finish this. I am the one bitching. So Jynx and counterpart capone can stfu about him. He doesnt any publicity or anything for his poem, he just wants to get this over with and come home.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Again Miata. I wish your son well. I hope he comes back safe and sound. Hopefully it will be the last time he is deployed, he can finish his time in the military and wont ever look back.

Those of us whom have served any period of time in the military tend to look at things from a different angle, and we tend to take great offence to those who would bash us, our squad, unit, battalion, brigade, or branch of service.

I hope you understand that in none of my posts did I try to attack you or your son. I was simply defending my point of view to another poster. I believe that what he is doing is a very brave thing. In another post you made regarding this, I even tried to help you and your son and offer suggestions as to how he could possibly evade having to go if that was his choice.

Quote from http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/83732/1380836/post.ashx#1380836
    There is nothing that any civilian can do to keep him from going. The only thing that will keep him from going back is if he is found medicaly unfit for duty. If he is physically injured (not self inflicted though, prison time for that) or if he is found mentally unfit is his only hope for staying. [end quote]

Without spelling it out, I was trying to tell you that all the more he had to do was have a doctor "find him unfit" in any way shape or form and it would have been over.

All the more I wanted, and feel I did, was to clear up some of the gray areas that were left, such as explaining the reason for the "involuntary draft" and such. Someone reading your post and not knowing any better might construe what you said in your original post as that the military is doing something illegal in keeping soldiers past their active service time as well as sending troops out more than once.

I am sorry that you were stuck in the crossfire between myself and bisous.

Also, Jynx will not be able to reply to this for the next 120 days or more as he is now in the middle east getting shot at. Hopefully he will make it back as well.

Sincerely,

Kansas District Overbeer

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

p.s.

[quote]Anyway, he is a good man and he will finish this. I am the one bitching. So Jynx and counterpart capone can stfu about him.[/quote]

I never said, nor would I ever say an ill word about your son.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Miata
    Miata

Ok, enough arguing already. My son is also getting shot at even as we speak and as far as Jynx is concerned, he is one crass, smart ass of a guy. Hopefully that will help him make it back. 120 days is a far cry from the 15 months that my son is doing over there this time.

• bisous
    bisous

(((((( miata ))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit