Timekeeping

by stillajwexelder 10 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have noticed timekeeping has got worse at meetings lately - always running over - some elders are very bad - but I notice it is always the publishers that get counseled not the elders and they are the worse culprits. Ministerial servants seem to be OK -the obviously want to progeress to elder and feel if they keep going over time they will not make elder. I am told the worse person of all for timekeeping was Freddie Franz -anybody have personal experience of this?

• Preston
    Preston

Maybe because there's just too much good information for a two hour Sunday morning....

(Angry mob with torches chases after Preston)

- Preston

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

When I used to go, I noticed that there would be an elder in front who used to tap their pen when the elder on the podium went over. Perhaps its a local custom.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I am told the worse person of all for timekeeping was Freddie Franz -anybody have personal experience of this?

YES! I remember him speaking at one of the district conventions in Ft. Worth when I was a kid! He was the last speaker on Sunday and he just kept going ... and going ... and going .... I think he went over almost an hour! I might be exaggerating, it was a long time ago, but if I am ... I am not exaggerating that much! What a prick! I got to meet him and shake hands with him too ... ain't I special!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

10 minutes over on Sunday at the Watchtower - pisses me off

• blondie
    blondie

Fred was notorious for that. I can remember leaving in mid-sentence at one convention. My family had heard it all anyway (smile). We got home and he was still talking (per another person who stayed).

I remember that a non-JW husband waited outside to get his family at the KH on Sunday as he always did. During the CO's visit, he went over about 45 minutes. This man came in after 1/2 hour, got his family and suggested colorfully that the CO (still on the platform) get a watch that worked.

I knew of brothers who worked the 3rd shift. They could not be late or they would be fired. The CO was going over. After 10 minutes and the windup was still obviously in the future, 3 brothers stood up and left; the secretary, the PO, and the school overseer.

Love Blondie

Always on time

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Our PO will go to the back and take off his watch and hold it up, swinging it from side to side. We once had an elder that we remembered his his phone number (1522) by saying "his part is 15 minutes but he will take 22"

Our meetings rarley go over now, last night I kicked everyone out at the BS 15 mins early.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I remember (from the platform, more than 20 years ago) the Congregation being 'criticised' (for want of a better word) for their general lateness. The 'brother' said that the excuse of ''forgetting the time'' would work both ways, and that this would mean that if you were late for one meeting, it makes sense that you'd be early for the next one.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    it is always the publishers that get counseled not the elders and they are the worse culprits

Funny, they havn't changed a bit! LOL

Jean

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

the worst timekeeper appears to be none other than jehovah himself. so why should his peons be any better?

pepheuga

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit