Stainless Steel Refrigerators

by carefully faded 25 Replies latest jw friends

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Hi everyone.

I'm shopping for a new refrigerator and wanted to get your opinions on stainless steel appliances. I love the look of them - but I've heard it is difficult to keep them looking nice because of fingerprints, etc.

I've seen some other finishes that look like stainless steel - they have a sateen coating that doesn't smudge and streak like stainless. But, this type of finish isn't available for heated appliances (microwaves, ovens, dishwashers), so then you don't have a perfect match among your appliances.

I'm thinking of just sticking with white. . . any suggestions?

Anyone want to give a review of their refrigerator? I'm looking at Whirlpool.

Thanks!

- CF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OVER-RATED IMHO - Stick with a standard white

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I feel worthless :-(

I don't have one damn thing to contribute to your query, and I'm not really even in the mood to make something up. :shrug:

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sounds like you need a drink sixofnine

• kat2u
    kat2u

I can offer something here,

Yes they do show fingerprints easily but with a product called stainless steel magic they can be kept up nicely.

I do housekeeping for several people with those.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have all stainless steel appliances in my home....it is a bit harder to keep up but the looks are worth it. We get a lot of compliments on our kitchen. I have Frigidaire. (husband picked them out, not me)

Our home was appraised more because of the appliances too!!!

CodeBlue

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I sold appliances for years. White on White is something that you don't get sick of but Stainless does look awesome. Whirlpool has a good fridge, Amana I like better...Amana have more options that actually WORK and are reliable. On the stainless if you have little ones running around I would say if you wanna be wiping down the fridge all the time go for it, if just you and a few in the house it can make the fridge look more "upscale." In all my timing selling I sold maybe three Stainless.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I used to clean houses............what else do pioneers do? The kitchens with Stainless steel appliances were the worst to make look nice. There are products that make it easier, but in the early 90's, there wasn't much other than Windex...............I just had to rub and rub and rub to get it all one look. (just read the post about stainless steel magic............wish we had that when I was cleaning houses)

When we got our new stove last year, stainless was one of my choices. I opted for all black and love it. I think stainless wouldn't have looked right in a " country kitchen " motif. My dishwasher and microwave are also all black and my frig. is almond. (black wasn't a choice when I bought that, but don't think I would have anyway..........too dark)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The current problem with stainless is that in a few years your kitchen will be "dated" it's said that stainless never goes out but with some things thats not the case! If you get a Wolf or Thermadore thats always going to be cool but kitchenaid or pro-chef... not so much even the top end models for these brands will be dated soon...

Mark of the ~whats a straight guy doing watching designer shows~ class

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The current problem with stainless is that in a few years your kitchen will be "dated"

That is so true. I was warned about that back in 1970 when we built a house and got to pick all the colors. I chose Avacado for the kitchen appliances. What could be better than that? It was THE hot color at the time. Four years later, everyone was saying "ewwww, why did you pick that color?"

And then Harvest Gold. Remember that one? Brown was big too..........gross.

White is always good.............and so is almond. Neutral always works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit