Met a JW elder for the first time since leaving JW

by coldfish 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Good for you! I wouldn't have been as courageous, I guess, as now. I have been out twenty years or more, so I am more calloused toward them. I have attempted to own a cross on a necklace, twice, and something has happened. Can I borrow your necklace? heheheh. At least I have the cross sent to me by the Jimmy Swaggert ministries as a lure to donate money, that I hang from my rear view mirror...

P.S. Be proud you are on the way to disfellowshippng hell. <----- that was sarcastic

CG

• melmac
    melmac
    Poor guy... you shouldn't torture him like that. Trust me... he wants to get naughty with ya.

Now I feel bad!

I met him off an internet dating site and we started off as a couple. I think he might still like to be too. But I said I wanted to break it off or just be friends. hmmm life and relationships are so perplexing

When I was a dub I had a platonic friend, too! Only now do I realize that she didn't want to be platonic.

Oh how I wish I could go back in time... I was so dumb as a dub...

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Well at least he came over and said hi! Better than the shunning treatment, I think

uh-huh... just like when you pull up to a car lot and the salesmen immediately walk up to you with big fake smiles on their faces, hands extended...

• franklin J
    franklin J

good show, coldfish

they just cannot accept that we can lead productive, successful, HAPPY lives without the Watchtower or its influence.

Our lives will be what WE make of them; not watchtower.

good luck to you and continued success, Frank

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think actually if I run into another JW someday, I will simply say "so that Armeggedon thing isn't quite working out, is it? And what about that generation thing, what happened to 70 or 80 years, still waiting around for that hoax too?" and then walk away.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good Job, cf.

I make them speak to me - I am on the 'unofficial shunning list' - baptized, never counseled or rebuked or met with a JC, good family man with high morals - but that Damn Devil just made my go and read something other than Watchtowere propaganda - and my Dang conscience got the best of me. Of course they don't know most of that either.

I make them speak to me like a real human being. I especially do it in front of others in public. Gives them an opportunity to show the tender compassionate side of their Christianity. LOL Actually they grit their teeth as if conversing with Satan mostly, but I enjoy it anyway.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit