Cabbage Patch Dolls?

by KKLUV155 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

You know I remember that. Smurfs, and cabbage patch dolls that were supposed to be demonized. And then they wonder how I figured out it wasn't the true religion. The dolls were kinda creepy though.

• professor
    professor

Are the old Watchtowers that had the cross on them demonized?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

on second thought, those are pretty scary lookin...not!

this is a creepy doll!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well to be honnest ... (if the pic IaP showed up is a patch Doll) well I have to admit that they somehow scared me for a long time ... don't ask me why I don't know ...

• nilfun
    nilfun

Naw, never heard nothin' bout the cabbage patch dolls being demonized...now the cabbage patch dance is a whole 'nother story.

*nilfun, of the "I can do the Frug" class*

• under74
    under74

YES. In the KH (Seattle) I went to as a kid there was a rumor about cabbage patch dolls...but it wasn't taken as serious as the ones about demonic smurfs or E.T. dolls.

See...you weren't imagining it.

• blondie
    blondie

Nothing in this area about cabbage patch dolls being demonized. Now that doesn't mean that an individual JW might not have had that personal opinion but nothing from the platform or in the publications. I do remember that people in general were way out out of control trying to find cabbage patch dolls to purchase and swarmed the stores and a couple of physical battles ensued; that some people were willing to pay outrageous prices for one...but non-JWs were the people I saw doing that. Not much different than some people when it comes to tickets to certain prime sporting events.

Blondie

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Those cabbage patch dolls all must be demonic.

Growing in the dirt like that and they are all so happy and perfect looking.

Evil evil evil!

Just kidding!

My JW friend growing up had over 25 of them - but then again they were rich and she was such a show off.

Still makes me grumpy.

• dh
    dh

i remember something about cabbage patch dolls but i can't remember what.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I was out by then but are you sure they didn't just tell you that because they cost about $50+ back then and they didn't want to get beat up trying to get you one?

I was thinking the same thing. They were really expensive when they first came out..................didn't have plastic heads either. They were cloth heads and each face was made to look a little different. I thought they were so great, but couldn't afford to buy one for Rachel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit