So, dead members of the 144,000 help direct the preaching work from beyond the grave?

by Zoos 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

Did I understand that right? Was that a claim Rutherford made?

I don't suppose anyone has that quote.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Although i dont have a specific quote to support that the premise is implied in dubbie doctrine.  When a member of the 144,000 dies they are, in this the lords day, resurected immediatly to heavenly life. Once resurected they are said to sit at jesus right hand. Since he is directing the work they are assisting him and thus directing from beyond the grave...
  • prologos
    prologos

and current valid partakers, upon dying, rapture-like, are instantly joining the heavenly ranks, a process that will culminate in the rapture of the Governing Body, FDS, who then participate in the battle of Armageddon, followed by the "wedding of the bride" .

Not only do the Likes of Rutherford , Russell and Franz busy themselves with immortal power to influence the most important work ever done, but also all worthy Partakers since Stephen, that were welcomed into the cleansed heavens, after the 1914 battle to oust Satan. 

That would potentially include all NT bible writers, and would explain the ever brightening WT teachings, like the 1919 FDS revelation, and the overlapping group generation enlightenment. GB must have heard it directly from the original, resurrected listeners.

Now, if we now could verify also what the Snake, Eve and company talked about .  

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

... though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is managing every feature of the harvest work.

Later that year the Judge wrote in the Watch Tower of November 1, page 325 the following: 

"This work is conducted by the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY, a corporation organized for that purpose by Pastor Russell years ago, and which, without doubt, was organized under the Lord's direction, and which was managed and directed by Pastor Russell until his death.

"Hence our dear Pastor, now in glory, is without doubt, manifesting a keen interest in the Harvest work, and is permitted by the Lord to exercise some strong influence thereupon. (Revelation 14:17) It is not unreasonable to conclude that he has been privileged to do, in connection with the Harvest work, things which he could not do while with us. Although we recognize that the Lord is the great Master and Director of the Harvest, yet we recognize that He would privilege the saints beyond the veil to have a part in the work on this side; and thus all the saints, both in Heaven and upon earth, are now given the honor of concluding the work on this side, preparatory to the full establishment of the Kingdom of Glory."

Then all of a sudden in 1930, Judge Rutherford writes the following inLight, Book 1, Page 47, 48

"It is a wellknown fact, however, that since the coming of the Lord to his temple in 1918 there have been a goodsized number in the church who have attended eonventions and meetings but who have not been active, and many who have in substance said this: ‘All the light upon God’s Word was published prior to 1917; we have that truth and will continue to feed and meditate upon it; the Lord appointed one man as his “faithful and wise servant”, and even though he has passed from the earth he is still doing God’s work on the earth and is in charge of his church, and since we are of God’s favored ones and have these things we enjoy great riches of feeding and meditating upon what he wrote before 1916; we have developed sweet and beautiful characters; we have a past record for zeal for the Lord and we rely upon our riches gained, and therefore we have need of nothing but will rest upon our laurels and wait to be taken into glory.

"There is no reason why we should bring reproach upon ourselves by going from house to house; by telling the people of the organization of Satan and that of God. We are really better than others. Let them do it.’ As God foretold, such would say: ‘(I am holier than thou.” (Isa. 65: 5) The above fairly well describes the condition that existed in the church particularly after 1917, and in a more marked degree from and after 1918."

And who may I ask promoted such a "condition" that "existed in the church particularly after 1917"?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It makes the same claim in the Revelation Climax book, which is considered current by JW's, as a replacement has not yet appeared.

So this is "Present Truth",......for now.

Of course, such a claim goes directly against the Biblical injunctions about speaking with the Dead, and consulting Spirits.

• R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

Christ did not teach anything like this. I am astounded that men are getting all of the props instead of the one The Most High God told is to listen to. (Luke 9:35)

The biggest lie and/or error made by the WTBTS is that it claims that it has been entrusted with and are preaching the Good News of the Kingdom as stated by Jesus at Matthew 24:14. Not possible.

Firstly, no one anywhere can produce a "Good News of the Kingdom" message. What exactly is it and where is it stated. Placing publications and doing "Field Service" is hardly preaching a Good News of the Kingdom message. Ask 10 JWs - for example - what is the Good News of the Kingdom message and you will get 10 different answers. No one but God knows specifically and exactly what that message is?

Secondly, why would men assume that God would entrust them to deliver it? This is no where stated.

Thirdly, we are told who will be given the Good News of the Kingdom message and who will declare or preach it to all of the world. And, it is not humans.

Revelation 14:6 is crystal clear as to who will declare the Good News of the Kingdom message to all of the inhabited earth.

"And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people."

It will be ONE solitary angel. (Not angels [plural] or humans)

God gives the Good News of the Kingdom message to this angel. Notice that the angel no where is seen given this message to humans to declare. It is humans that this message must be declared to!

I believe this angel is the Faith Witness: Michael (Jesus Christ). He will preach this message "as a WITNESS" to all of the inhabited earth. (Rev 1:5)

No dead 144,000 will preach a Good News message.

What the WTBTS or any other organization is preaching is not any Good News of the Kingdom message.

That it claims that it is preaching one, has misled millions.

It is too bad that what men and organizations and the publications with those organizations say are far more important than what Christ says. (Luke 9:35)

Many people are really glued to these men, organizations and books but not glued to Christ. For if they were truly attached to Christ, they would reject ALL voices (teachings) that issue forth from organizations and the men in them obey God and listen strictly to the Master.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

hey, good point jerome

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I sat at the Bethel graveyard at Wallkill looked at Knorr's tomb stone, Guy Peirce and so on and it proved to me these guys were dead just like everyone else. They weren't floating around directing anything, they did not go to heaven. Dead, nothing more nothing less. 

I can't describe the moment but there was no doubt in my mind while I was there that they weren't dead like the rest of them at that site and all over the world. 

• pixel
    pixel
    There's a WT I think from 2007, that said that when anointed die, they go to heaven and transmit information from Jesus to the GB... Go figure.
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    This belief just serves to support the structure.  The GB whether here or in heaven are more important than anything or anyone else.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit