Should You Believe Voices from the Unknown,,Assume It's God's???

by frankiespeakin 10 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Isn't that what a prophet is doing??? How can he be so sure he is speaking with the Almighty??? Could just be a over active ego???

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

The voice which can be spoken, is not the true voice.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Think about this: Abraham heard a voice out of nowhere and was ready to sacrifice his son!!!If true this man was seriouly delusional!!!!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Even in the OT one can find some interesting insights about "prophetic inspiration".

He said, "Go out and stand on the mountain before the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Now there was a great wind, so strong that it was splitting mountains and breaking rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. Then there came a voice to him that said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
    I will stand at my watchpost,
    and station myself on the rampart;
    I will keep watch to see what he will say to (lit. "in") me,
    and what I will answer concerning my complaint.
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think Abraham,,must have been seriouly mentally ill. Is that someone you would tell a mentally sick person to imitate,, some one who is likewise hearing a voice that was telling him to kill someone??

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i live with an atheist.. he says " how can people follow a book written by drunken schizophrenics?" and he knows schizophrenia it runs in his family . i argue with him cuz i do believe in God although not necessarily that the bible is complete or THE end all of learning about god. i'm sure politics had something to do with the choosing of what scripture would be included in the bible.

anyone these days hearing voices is considered mentally ill and is put on medication. i wonder how many prophets are being supressed by lithium?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Most of the early religious inspirations were because of a self induced drug state. Like today I am sure you can get a real spiritual enlightenment with a little hallucinate drugs.

Will

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mandrakes were the drug that old abe's wiffles prepared for him.

S

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

When I hear voices from the unknown I just assume it's frankiespeakin.

• gumby
    gumby

I hear voices within in my sleep, then wake up and find it's my damn wife snorin.

Anyone who would take any action by speaking about or writing about a supposed conversation with god is acting pretty psycolike and not using a sound mind. God should at least let you see his ass......or talk to you at least like 4 times.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit