Pennsylvania Elder arrested. Has anyone else heard about this?

by DevonMcBride 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

A friend of mine just told me he heard on the Allentown Radio station that an Erickson, who had been an elder at one time in Quakertown KH, was arrested for pediophile. Have you heard anything about this? My friend knew him when they attended the hall

• avishai
    avishai

Goddang. Not another one. Gasp. Gee, what are the odds

• Dustin
    Dustin

I didn't hear about that, but it doesn't surprise me. My aunt's husband who was an elder, a missionary, and special pioneer was arrested and put in prison this last year. The reason was for statatory rape on a young girl he was supposed to be counseling. So nothing of that nature surprises me anymore. Crazy thing was, he really did seem like a nice guy.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

maybe ive got this wrong,but should you be naming Names of someone who is innocent til proven guilty?

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Devon,

Do you have any more details that would aid in the search for this news item? Like:

What are the Radio station's call letters?
    What was the date that your friend heard this on the radio?
    Did this news item appear in any local newspaper?
    Was it covered by any local TV news programs?

I did a google news search and came up empty!

NewLight2

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

New Light,

I'm trying to find out the details. Quakertown, which is a suburb of Philadelphia, is only about an hour from me and I checked one of the big newspapers that covers that area. The newspaper is called The Intelligencer and their web site is www.phillyburbs.com. There was no mention of it. Allentown is a small town also an hour from me and I'm not familiar with the local radio stations.

Sorry I couldn't be any help.

• Valis
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks Devon and Valis.

• blondie
    blondie

If there is an article in a reputable newspaper, I suppose there is nothing wrong with posting the link here even if the person is alleged to have commited this crime. If the media waited until someone was pronounced guity before they published something on the situation, we would never have seen the days of coverage of the Peterson trial long before he was found guilty. They are careful to say "alleged" or the equivalent.

Until these details are confirmed through the media or law enforcment/court sources, I think it is good to not "talk" about it otherwise how will we be any different than the malicious gossips we left behind at the KH?

Blondie

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Blondie

I totally agree with your post.In the UK (is it the same in the States?)there is a problem with "alleged"perpetrators of sex Crimes being named in the Media.There is a law being considerd to keep the same Anonymity as the "alleged"victims until a Conviction is secured.

The problem of course is that if someone is found innocent after having theyre Name banded about Newspapers ,the old adage "no smoke without Fire "occurs.

Of course,the guilty Perps of Sex/Paedophile crimes should be Toast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit