DOES GOD LOVE THE WORLD???????????

by vitty 8 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

We often talk about unconditional love on the forum.

How our parents and members of our congregation only love, conditionally,and we condemm them.

But does God love us unconditionally, ive come to the conclusuion he doesnt so why are we surprised when his followers dont either.

So whos to blame, the witness who want to do everything by the "book" and feel there pleasing God regardless of the pain it causes them,or is it God himself who expects more than we can posssible do

One day I believe and want to believe in him the next minute I dont.

When he looked down on the events of these last few days, did he feel sorrow for all those people who lost there lives. Was he proud of all us humans, flocking to help them, with money, volunteers and more important empathy for our fellow man who are suffering?

Will this count as nothing?

The witness really feel this tragedy has nothing to do with them, as they are no part of the world. They will say empty words, but feel nothing, is this also a reflexion on the God they worship?

I think so

• freedom96
    freedom96

One of the biggest questions we have is why does God allow bad things to happen? Many theories, though I have come to the conclusion personally that I just don't have all the answers.

Bad things certainly do happen, but good things happen as well. We just don't hear about that as much.

Certainly a sad event with the loss of lives here recently, but it does not change my belief that God does exist. Perhaps one day we will all have an answer to why these things are allowed to happen.

I do not buy into the fact that these are "a sign of the times" as the witnesses will gleefully tell others. Bad things have always happened. We just have the opportunity in this day and age to see it first hand and hear about it moments later.

• logansrun
    logansrun

The question posed in the subject line is like asking "Will A Unicorn Win This Year's Kentucky Derby?"

B.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Vitt,

There were some points brought up by believers in this thread that bear on your question:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/82731/1.ashx

I can't say that I buy it, (I'm pretty much a unicorn/derby kind of guy, too) but as far as arguments go, these were about as good as I've seen.

Dave

• all_forgiving
    all_forgiving

The God I belive in does. He created this masterpiece of a planet. Sure some bads things happen like the tsunami but look how the people responded. Nation putting aside hate and differences to help each other. This is the hope I'm sure he/she expects out of us all.

I see god doing the big bang thing with the universe, he's got time on his hands and lets it form for about 5 billions years, kicks back and enjoys his creation. And with this He said let the chips fall where they may. It makes for a more interesting show. AS for evolution. God is too smart just to poof out 2 people. He would take a bolt of lightning, hit the pre-historic seas full of molocules and elements and then enjoy watching life form. Only God could creat something as amazing as that.

2000+ years ago mankind wasn't bright enough to grasp that.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I know how you feel and this is a very good question. If we believe that good is rewarded and evil is punnished, we would come to the conclusion that doing good means good things will happen; and that those who do bad will be punnished. The thing is: This really isn't the truth. In the world we live in, the reality is that if we do good to get a reward here and now, we will be disappointed. Religion has misled us -- through the teachings of the JW's and other organizations.

So naturally, when disaster strikes us or the world on a personal or impersonal level, we say "god is punnishing". We don't have all the facts about our existence here, nor about the universe and this world we live on. The bible gives us bits and pieces, together with what "man determines" to be the word of god. We have been at their mercy for so very long. This is why religion has failed mankind. The earth is a creation in itself. It goes through patterns of movement, etc., which is natural to it's existence as a planet. These include all sorts of weather patterns and evens, both on the earth and in the solar system. People are here and people get in the way, and people get hurt and die. It is sad, but it is nothing new.

Our creators do love us and care for us. Trying to get close to them and connect with them is the best thing to do, and the way to do this is simply to show love and compassion.

Don't give up. Our creators do love us and care for us. If our planet is eventually going to die, we can only hope that we will be taken care of in ways we cannot even fathom.

Karen

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

This Mystic Agnostic answers: Ha!

2000+ years ago mankind wasn't bright enough to grasp that.

They were plenty bright enough, they just didn't have the appropriate technology, seeing as the telescope wasn't invented until about 5-600 years ago. It was the greek philosophers who got the clue that the earth was round, but believed it to be the center of the universe. But they couldn't justify the the changes in the star patterns. So, being philosophers instead of scientists, they just shrugged their shoulders and declared it a mystery.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ya gots the rong gawd!

caveman

If any two of the following three assertions are correct, the other must be false.

1. God is all good.

2. God is omnipotent (all powerful).

3. Evil exists.

What kind of all powerful god would allow so much suffering of innocent people to occur? The same one that exists only in the minds of humans who desire an explanation for human origin, and will accept another human's explanation for it, regardless of how ludicrous it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit