www.jwgift.org

by Ozner2 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Point taken,

I have a few questions though.

Do they need to print all that liturature,is all of it really being used?

Do they need to have state of the art facilities to meet and worship god?

Do they need to pay for all of these circiut overseers and the like?

In printing mass amounts of literature,there are costs of shipping,manpower,distribution,all of wich is put sqarely on the rank and file.

I say this because,they claim to be no part of the world,but the cost of this religion has gone way to far.Maybe the could print 1 magazine a month.Have meetings 1 a week and rent a modest hall to have it.Does god really care about material things?I just believe it's overboard,and they need to justify thier spending.

I think these ideas are never discussed,and I dont know why.

When I was a child,the elders in the hall wanted to remodel the kingdom hall,that brought it up during the announcements,and pitched a big reason why we needed to remodel.The hall we had was perfectly fine,maybe a tad outdated,but who cares,right.Wrong.They basically strongarmed the non-elder brothers to commit to pay for this uneeded remodeling,my father being one of these,and if you didn't go along with the program,you were looked down on.

Now shouldn't it be up to the leaders thatm jehovah has "appointed"to see that this was foolish.Should't the organization have said the money could be used to help with something more spiritually beneficial.

I guess I just think about what jesus stood for ,and I think this organization has lost that,if indeed it ever really had it.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Winston,

Again, "beg" is the wrong word. Perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Nor do the JWs bring up money that often. Other religions -- who do believe in the "Lord of the mountains of god" mind you -- talk about money and ask for it much, much more than the JWs do. Ever seen a Mormon Temple? Ever wonder how much the Catholic Church is worth? How about the Evangelical James Dobson's "Focus on the Family" goldmine? Comparing religion for religion the JWs fare far better than any major sect I've seen.

As for your "Shouldn't Jah just provide" argument -- this would be explained that Jah does provide, but his servants go about doing "His work." It's actually a common theological way of explaining things. Whether this involves a tasteful -- yes, tasteful -- recommendation for contributions doesn't seem very relevant. God "speaks" through his channel, it would be said.

Oh well. I'm now very bored with talking about this. I think I'm going to go balance my checkbook.

Bradley

• momabear
    momabear

why only contribute to looking after the 'brothers' why not poole monies to help all people? are not all people deserving of aide? if its within the power of wts why cant EVERY person be fed clothed and sheltered. where is this so called love for mankind. jesus helped ALL peoples not just his diciples.. momabear

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    Again, "beg" is the wrong word. Perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

I can concede on that word. Maybe 'beg' is too desperate.

Can we instead use the word "Godly Reminder ?"

Alex, I'll take Loaded Language for $1,000

Nor do the JWs bring up money that often.

That's debatable. Define "often". And in what context?

At Public Talks and in the WatchTower I would say that "Godly Reminders ?" happen less often than could be found in the OKM or assemblies/conventions. By way of comparison I'd say that dragging out the cardboard collection plate for every break at a convention is a "Godly Reminders ?". Granted, it is a subdued reminder, but let's not dismiss the loaded language and implied judgments of the WTS on those that do not "Honor God with their Earthly Treasures ©"

Other religions -- who do believe in the "Lord of the mountains of god" mind you -- talk about money and ask for it much, much more than the JWs do. ... Comparing religion for religion the JWs fare far better than any major sect I've seen.

I didn't realize that we were debating the net worth of religious groups. And if we are, I agree with you here.

The point of this discussion was the level of pride that the WTS has in reminding followers and potential converts how god is blessing their efforts and therefore there is no need for them to pass the collection plate around or make straight out requests for money.

You Regular Pioneered, right Bradley? I know when I was Pioneering there were more than a few occasions where I said with pride to a householder how the JW's DO NOT pass a collection plate around. It is a point pride that other religions do not make to the same level that the WTS does.

As for your "Shouldn't Jah just provide" argument -- this would be explained that Jah does provide, but his servants go about doing "His work." It's actually a common theological way of explaining things. Whether this involves a tasteful -- yes, tasteful -- recommendation for contributions doesn't seem very relevant. God "speaks" through his channel, it would be said.

Well, rationalization is the second strongest human emotion. A R&F JW can rationalize other things well beyond money that are far less rational.

But in regards to money, I can think of examples that were given from the platform that noted how a pioneering couple had rent due but no money and the day before rent was due a check for the exact amount magically appeared in the mail for this God Fearing couple. Praise Jah!

I think I'm going to go balance my checkbook.

Hope your in the black

Best,

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit