Candy

by duffy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• duffy
    duffy

Years ago, while I was still in, I heard coworkers talk about jws leaving candy on their porch. I had to tell them I knew nothing about that practice and that I thought it sounded kind of cheesy to be honest. Over the years I 've heard the same comments about jws leaving candy behind when they find no one at home... Whats up with that? Is it official policy? Why would a company with child abuse scandals be leaving candy,of all things?

• under74
    under74

never heard of this before. sure it wasn't mormons?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think that is someone else. JWs only leave behind literature.

• duffy
    duffy

That's what I thought at first, but I talked to each of them, these were people who took the time to talk to the witnesses. The candy often accompanied literature. The reason I was thinking it might be somewhat official is that it's occured in different areas of the PNW over time.

• under74
    under74

you mean Pacific Northwest? Was it that Brach's candy?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Is this some sort of Halloween in reverse?

• duffy
    duffy

Yes, I do mean the Pacific Northwest, sorry. I t was bulk candy so it could have been Brach's.

• blondie
    blondie

If a JW is doing it, it is their personal proclivity. Never heard of it in 50 years, several states and countries. Maybe it's Reverse Halloween.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Naw it's just a closet apostate leaving behind a little something that will help get rid of the taste in the "householder's" mouth after reading that crap er literature.

• myself
    myself

LOL Goshawk

I don't remember anything on the monthly report that showed candy placements. Was it next to magazines or books?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit