My company is doing a fund raise drive for...

by observador 4 Replies latest social current

• observador
    observador

... the Tsunami Disaster Relief.

I'm glad I found that out today before sending my own donation, as they will match, dollar for dollar, the employees' donation. There are 3 options of organizations to donate to: Mercy Corps, AmeriCares and Oxfam.

Which one would you recommend? Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Observador.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I don't know about the other two but Americares was able to donate 2800.00 worth of medical supplies for every 100.00 dollar donation they received in 2003, according to their finantial statement. They're a high rated charity with low overhead; so more of the money (almost all) goes straight to relief efforts instead of overhead.

www.americares.org is their website.

Happy choosing! There's no doubt that the cause is very worthy, glad your company is doing something to help!

essie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I hope this catches on with other companies. I hope the private sector will become more involved.

I attended Catholic Church last night and they passed a collection for the relief work in Southeast Asia. I hope every church, synagogue and mosque worldwide that can donate would do the same.

We can't just sit idly by and do nothing. And we might not be able to give much, but if everyone gives a little bit it could amount to much.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    I attended Catholic Church last night and they passed a collection for the relief work in Southeast Asia.

Thats nice and all, but isnt that what collections are for? Dont they have some accounts they can dig into to fund relief work w/o additional collections?

• observador
    observador

Thanks folks.

AmeriCares seems to be a good choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit