JW's protected from Tsunami by going to the meeting... from bethel

by Max Divergent 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In the local brotherhood of where I live there plenty of urban legends fabricated already of how by being out on service or at meetings, etc., is how the brothers/sisters made it safely from this disaster.

You all can just imagine the level of fear and intimidation this is planting among the ones that don't know better and the young ones.

DY

• ballistic
    ballistic

This must be especially sickening to the family of "brothers and sisters" who did get killed in this and numerous other disasters.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Howdy Uncle!! Great to see you around again!!

...skeptical enough now to believe that these types of "Bethel-sourced" stories are sheer fabrications?

Actually, I think the WTS is more dishonest than that... they collect all the scant and weak evidence that supports their position, selkectivly ignore/discredit all the contrary facts/evidence, and then say and write things that are technically not totally false but according to any objective standard are false and deceptive. They do it all the time.

I think that's MUCH more dishonest that just telling lies because it's cunning, calculated, systematic deception that's hard for believers to spot.

it happened at 7:30 AM .... All this talk about JWs at the KHs kinda makes me wonder what time they START their meetings!

I think that's becuase of different time zones. A clock in Indonesia was shown when the water stopped it at 9.30 Sunday morning, so it's the inactive and the latecomers who were outside Jah's loving protection!

Remember children, be at the KH half an hour early so as to rejoice in the blessings and safety that comes from being in the middle of the congregation...

Cheers, Max

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    This must be especially sickening to the family of "brothers and sisters" who did get killed in this and numerous other disasters.

That was the first thing I thought. If it were my kids that got swept away and the gb was using them as "an example" I swear I would find a very good lawyer to see if I could catch them for anything. What got me about this was that when I was told about it by a family member, they said it, but then they quickly added, "well, I'm not saying that Jehovah saved them because they were at the meetings." Gag. All I could think was, then why even bring it up? Then I thought, if this is true, how many people go to the kingdom hall for appearances sake? So, they were saved and Jehovah let 150,000 people die who in all probability were fairly decent people????? I know it was emphasized to me that (at the time this came out) the 2 witnesses who did die, were on holiday and were hanging at the beach. Most jw's I know DO NOT go and search out a kh when they are on a much needed holiday.... Although, next time my fam takes a trip, I should probably remind them that if they do not, the consequences could be lethal.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is a very good fit with Cofty's thread, and shows the disgusting attitude of believers.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Last years Typhoon that hit the philipines destroyed three KH's where the members were encouraged to stay after the meeting, Im sure because in their eyes it was gods house. All three halls were detroyed and a storm surge came in and took away half of one congragation killing 25+ members. In all at least 45 JW's were killed because they didnt listen to the local authorities but instead saught refuge in Gods House their Kingdom Hall. They Listened, Obeyed and Got Killed, I mean got blessed..Religion is a snare and a racket and the leaders of this religion should be shot!!!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Max - of the "buggered if there's a big wave" class

I miss Focus..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit