This is some of my story lol

by Ticker 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ticker
    Ticker

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but this is a brief of my history with the jw's. I was not really raised as a fervent jw but my grandmother was a fanatic. Every summer as a child I would go and visit my grandparents and so wha lah I got 24-7 jw indoctination. This im not exagerating, it was a non stop onslaught of jw buzz words and bs. Oh yes lets not forget having to memorize kingdom songs. lol What a fun summer holiday. So yes as a kid facing this I really had no choice but to end up believing their so called proof that they were the only true religion. I remember being completely paraniod as a child of armagedon and god. Looking back now I see how completely stupid it is too pump fear into children like this. Later on I started studying with them but kinda left it again. The person I was studying with was another fanatic and a solid hour of reading a book on a orgs ideas of what the bible says is not the most entertaining to a 8 year old. Also the person I was studying with kinda gave up on me because I never took it as serious as he probably hoped.

It must have been enough indoctrination though to keep me kinda trapped in their mentality as I still believed what they said even though not attending meetings or associating with them. So lo and behold a few years down the road I started going again and studying. Got baptized which was a huge mistake. lol Baptized mainly because thats what was expected and they bribe you with all these wonderful priveledges that you can have once baptized. Wow after baptism the love bombing quit fast and then you were expected to do their every command, which didnt go over good with me so I was df'd after a year for fornication. The funny part of it is, was how the elders stocked my house litterally around the clock to catch me doing wrong. They even chased me and the girl through a hotel believe it or not. lol Finally I had enough and called each of the elders and told them off personally. Oh well im still with the girl and Ive seen many of their relationships break up even with their wonderful godly backing. lol One elders son's marriage lasted one month before divorce. When I think back now, I wonder why I didnt just bust their heads. I mean they were litterally stocking and harrassing us. About a year later the elders were back trying to encourage (guilt) me to come back. So I did and of course after I was reinstated you go through all the love bombing again but it quickly cools off. I did progress quite rapidly though and really tried to serve their purpose faithfully. What finally got me though was all the hypocrisy I constantly seen and the petty little subserviant rules they make to keep you totally submissive. It seemed just like the pharisees of Jesus day, everything had a rule or manmade doctrine attached to it. People served with their lips basically but their true heart was far removed from anything relating to God. This kinda dissalusioned me so I got frustrated and quit associating. Of course they again tried to guilt me into coming back and how they needed me for my fine public speaking skills and service, yada yada. I had enough and was quite sincere in seperating from them so I could get a clear head and focus on my experience. I had nagging doubts, but still something kept bothering me that maybe I was doing the wrong thing. I felt I was turning my back on God himself. Luckily for me I had a family member that also went through the same ruts and really helped me out. He clearly showed me how a earthly org had nothing to do with serving god, but was all about the almighty dollar. Wow lights clicked on and doors opened. I then started researching the WTBTS on the net, which was not easy at first but it sure made things clear. It was a hard pill to swallow and it felt like all my dreams and hopes went down the toilet. I adjusted though and then saw the world for what it truly was, the world is far from black and white. It kinda ticked me off too the way they take spin offs of the scriptures and give emphasis to what they choose it to say, wether its in context or not. Too me the org is just another persons interpretation of the bible that has been refined over time to fit circumstances as they arise. Oh well more on that later. lol Anyway, ive helped free 3 people from the wtbs and almost a fourth but sadly that one went back due to family pressure. Not a total loss though, Im sure after all I showed her, she realizes that the org is not the perfect place they like to portray it as. All in all im glad to be free emotinally and physically and really feel for thoese still suffering any emotinal bonds to this human org. Hopefully this isnt too long winded, lol I tried to keep it quite condensed, but thats a little of my biography.

P.S. haha thought this was funny but once the CO came out and found I was taking bio genetics in university. Wow he didnt like that subject too much lmfao. He never came back in fact no one has ever come back to my door. Good riddance. lol

Ticker

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Ticker, your accounts were all quite interesting. Glad you could come out and share as I'm sure you'll be a welcome voice here.

I wasn't raised in the truth but was around it long enough to believe it was the only game in town. Its been a long journey out, as I'm still not totally free, eventhough I have been out of commision for over ten years, the ghost in the hall still have a way of haunting me still, but I'm so much better having found this website. Wish you all the best in your exit strategy.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thats good to hear phrophecor, hope it all goes good for you. I would say im just about 99% free of their mentallity and guilt, but when I meet them on the street I still sometimes get that feeling of "Ugggghhhh". Luckily for me even though ive just faded away they dont talk to me so its not a huge problem. Glad to see anyway that were not alone in our struggle for freedom.

Ticker

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome ticker. sounds like your moving on with your life quite well. your studying genetics in university? i'd love to hear more about that!

• chok
    chok

Welcome Ticker...was good to read your story.

Hope to talk to you again soon.

Love Chok

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I enjoyed your bio Ticker, thanks, and welcome! This might help some to see that although women may have had a "lesser place", the brothers were every bit as much kept "in submission" and were hounded!

I got a real kick out of this part:

P.S. haha thought this was funny but once the CO came out and found I was taking bio genetics in university. Wow he didnt like that subject too much lmfao. He never came back in fact no one has ever come back to my door. Good riddance. lol

Ticker

Love it!
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Ticker.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe it will help others to think for themselves and see that there is life outside such a black and white world.

See ya in chat sometime.

Joy

• justhuman
    justhuman

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit