Protest Letter to Swedish Congregation Against Secret Funeral

by GermanXJW 12 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is from Rud Persson on http://www.channelc.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi.

Rud is a friend of Carl Olof Jonsson. AFAIK, he is "Wolfgang Herbst" co-author of the book "The Sign of the Last Days - When?".

Posted by RudPersson on Wed - Dec 29 - 11:36am:

Today, December 29, 2004, my dear wife called me at my work and told me that the obituary of my father had been published in today´s local newspaper.

He had died on December 21 and the funeral had already taken place without my knowing anything!

Still the obituary pretended to show family unity in the moment of death, mentioning "children, grandchildren and great grandchildren" as well as friends.

The truth of the matter is that only one of the three surviving children was informed about the death and funeral. I and my disfellowshiped sister were not notified, and most of the grandchildren were kept in ignorance, too.

The fact that I had resigned from the organization meant that I could be treated as non-existent. I have been rejected by the Witness members of the family since 1988 and my sister almost as long, although my father had visited her a few times, as she was "only" disfellowshiped. In later years, however, he had rejected her totally.

I forgive my father and pray and hope for a reunion in the kingdom of God. However, I have utter contempt for the arrogant organization that believes it can get away with their unchristian behavior.

A close friend suggested a few hours ago that I should publish the address of the local JW congregation my father belonged to, making it possible for people to protest against their unloving treatment of people. So here it is:

Jehovas Vittnen, Rikets Sal, Östra Vägen, S-265 31 Åstorp, Sweden

Rud

• Brummie
    Brummie

A TOTAL disgrace! I have met Rud and he is a great guy, he doesnt deserve this but then neither does anyone else. I hope this gets in many tabloids and shows the true face of Watchtower evil! shame on that disgusting movement.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Isn't there a scripture that says one of the signs of the last days is that there will be a lack of natural affection? The wbts are certainly fullfilling prophesy, but I don't expect them to be talking about this in the watchtower. This is sick.

• Mary
    Mary
    I forgive my father and pray and hope for a reunion in the kingdom of God. However, I have utter contempt for the arrogant organization that believes it can get away with their unchristian behavior

Amen. Can you imagine the SHOCK a JW would feel if they suddenly found themselves in the afterlife?? I truly believe that we will be reunited with our loved ones again after death.

Isn't there a scripture that says one of the signs of the last days is that there will be a lack of natural affection? The wbts are certainly fullfilling prophesy, but I don't expect them to be talking about this in the watchtower.

*** 2 Timothy 3:1-3 ***But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement.

Yep. Sounds like the WTS is fulfilling their own destiny.

• sf
    sf

Just when you think, how much lower can they go (they sure have mastered the art of "doing the limbo")?

I'd like to suggest that you couple the address of the kh with the scripture above.

{{{ Rud }}}

sKally

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Då kommer människorna att tänka bara på sig själva och på pengar; de blir skrytsamma, högmodiga, fräcka, olydiga mot sina föräldrar, otacksamma, ogudaktiga, kärlekslösa, oförsonliga, fulla av förtal, obehärskade, våldsamma, främmande för allt gott, ( 2 Tim 3:2,3)

• Gill
    Gill

This is shocking but sadly not surprising.

I know I have mentioned before about my husband's grandfather. He was put into a care home without our being told where he was. This was against his wishes and he had rung us on the day he was to be moved asking for us to contact him every day. He did not mention that he was going into a care home as he just assumed we had been told. It took us two weeks to track him down with the aid of his 'worldly' friends playing detective. All this just because we stopped going to meetings a few years ago.

So, nothing that JWs do surprises us.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

TOTALLY SICK -but what do you expect from a religion without love or compassion

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

That is so disgusting, how tragic to find out after the funeral had taken place. It shows to me how I have felt for years about the witnesses. I find that they say they have brotherly love but I think its all in their imagination. They are dellusional

He should tell his family that he was disfellowshipped from the organization not his natural family. The org. has gone too far with their ideologies and it still pisses me off that the word disfellowshipping is a word JW 's created for their own benefit. As the word doesn't appear in the scriptures anywhere. So who has gone beyond the things written?Hmmmmmmmm

Nothing the WTS does doesn't suprise me any more . They are a bunch of spying, back bitting , gossipers. They look for persons to make mistakes so they can report it. Some witnesses do it on a daily basis spying on others, its almost like a hobby to some. Like in my case when I told my sister what I had done she said promptly that she was going to call the elders to report my wrongdoing. As she said it was her God given right to do it. I told her don't bother I have already told them(ther elders) in a letter. So you don't have to put your self out. Oh I wish at that moment I wasn't so emotional what I would have told her and it would not have been very nice.

It like i told my mother when I saw her very briefly last year, that the society can do what they want to do, but they have no right to destroy familes. I expect that because my mom is very ill I won't find out about her because the last several times she s been in the hospital and close to death my sisters never called. It was my aunt who in not a witness who keeps me informed. I know if she dies they won't tell me. The news willl more than likely come from my auntie.

My words fell on deaf ears. (takling to mom) Oh well, what can you do they have chosen to forget about your existance..

Thanks for sharing your story and helping us to see that none of us have made a mistake in leaving a loveless organization which claims to walk the way of Christ. I am certain Christ is appaulled by their conduct.

Wishing you will

Orangefatcat..

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

The same sort of thing happened to me as happened to Rud. My parents and siblings cut off all contact with me when I left JWs. Living far enough away not to have seen an obituary, I learned that my father had died several years after the fact. I heard about it from a Catholic cousin who also wasn't told at the time it happened because they were afraid she might pass the message on to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit