New to the board (again)

by duffy 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• duffy
    duffy

I joined in mid 2004 but all my info was on my old computer. It finished it's earthly course and took all my passwords and crap straight to harddrive hell. Now I have a shiny new laptop and a new name. A little about me; I just (12/31) turned 43, I lean toward agnosicism I am divorced, with one son who is involved with some big-box church. I just stopped attending meetings so I have no idea what my status among the jw's is. I have serious insomnia. I experienced apathy and indifference at the hands of my "brothers" and "sisters". I could have continued sliding under the radar, but I was tired of seeing the guys that I knew were secretly doing all the wrong things get better treatment than me, and I was keeping my nose clean. My roommate was smoking, he was drinking at his job (We worked together) as well as sleeping on the job too, yet he was like some favored son. Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone in what I'm feeling.

• under74
    under74

Hi Duffy

• duffy
    duffy

Hello under74. Nice to meet you. I think my lack of sleep is catching up...finally. I'll return Sunday afternoon.

• under74
    under74

see you then.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome back then duffy; glad you got yourself a nice new computer. And looks like you may have gotten that sleep you needed - you don't appear to have returned this afternoon after all! Congrats!

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome back and Happy Birthday!

Purza

• simplesally
    simplesally

Welcome back!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

WELCOME BACK

• duffy
    duffy

Thank you for the welcome. I had my first adult birthday party in my life. I gave them up when I was eleven and my parents started studying in earnest. Since being on my own, I've had no problem accepting birthday presents and cards,but since I was born on a major party holiday, it has been difficult to get my friends together in one place. I told my friends who are also my bosses all I wanted was a party for me, where the countdown to New Years' was not the focus. And they came through for me as well as over thirty other friends. It was probably the most meaningful gift I've ever recieved. I think back and I couldn't even get a hug from my 'brothers and sisters' when my wife ran off with my son...Life is so much better now.

• justhuman
    justhuman

welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit