Posting styles - which do you prefer?

by stillajwexelder 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Some posts are short. Some posts are long and need to be - example Blondies weekly critique of the Watchtower of which I am an avid reader. What styles do you prefer:? Which do you read or more correctly read in full? What type are you yourself (in general?)

I try to keep my posts short and to the point. This type I find are easier to read and to remember.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I prefer posts with paragraphs so everything doesn't run together so I can read it better; I also have a difficult time with geek shorthand and lousy spellers, albeit I'm not the best speller, but I do try; I mostly have a problem with typos that I miss before posting. Yadda yadda yadda.

Brenda

Peace begins with me

• prophecor
    prophecor

With me, I gravitate between the two extremes, I either have very little to say, or don't know when to just shut the ---k up!

Though guilty of writing long whinded dissertations, I sometimes have difficulty getting thru long whinded dissertations of others.

But I do, honestly y'all, I really, really do read them.

I try to break my thoughts up in spaces that give the reader a chance to catch my breath, without keeping my entire train of thought compressed in a singularly long paragraph.

As you can see, I'm already becoming too wordy with this as it is. In closing however, I try to use type print such as this because it has some flare, and adds a little more personality to the sometimes dull and boring invisible man behind the freeboard.

So there. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I prefer long threads with short posts.

• minimus
    minimus

Short to the point threads vs. long 7 page ones......Blondie is an exception because, well, it's Blondie!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Now Minimus, I think we all know that you never read any post longer than one short paragraph. Except maybe Blondie's, as you say.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I read all minimus's questions and all Blondies posts

• minimus
    minimus

I often read long THREADS but not usually extremely long posts.

• setfree
    setfree

I prefer short as well. If you have that much to say maybe you should write a book so we can download it when we want.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

short

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit