Watching Parade on HD Plasma!!

by Bryan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

Yeah, Santa gave us a 37" HD Plasma this year. Were watching the Pasadena Parade on Discovery HD. Very cool.

On the HD channels it's like looking through a freaking window!

Thank you Santa... Best Buy!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Wow, Bryan, that sounds great!! I usually don't care much about the Rose Parade but this year, some of the floats really appealed to me. Don't know if it's the floats themselves, or the filming, or the reporting. New people finally this year!

My son says "Well Mom, how old are you? You're enjoying it this year because you're really getting into the Senior Citizen thing."

Stinker!

• Bryan
    Bryan
    My son says "Well Mom, how old are you? You're enjoying it this year because you're really getting into the Senior Citizen thing."

LOL!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sweet. You must have been a good boy this year, or a very sneaky bad boy.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    You must have been a good boy this year, or a very sneaky bad boy.

I try to keep it balanced.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• simplesally
    simplesally

Woo Hoo !!

I got an HD LCD and I love watching the HD channels.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Do you have many channels Sally?

We only have about 6. But NBC is one of them, and watch quite a bit of Prime Time. As well of course the DVD movies are great!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• OUT and about
    OUT and about

HDTV is technically better than any DVD since they have to scale up the resoloution on the DVD. I had to be balanced, and outfit my home cinema with a treadmill, since I'm spending all my free time down there.

Will - Of the 320 square foot dedicated home cinema with Optoma cinema projector currently at 87 inches 1080i HD capable (I know what some will say to that, just see it for yourself), 2 dish satellite system (have to get international channels, you know), DVR, 5 DVD changer, Dolby pro logic II 600 watt sound system set up like THX style through the screen center channel, bar, tiered seating for 7 and room for more, air mattress for when we just can't stand the 27" Toshiba in my bedroom class. BTW ALL of that is my wifes doing except for the bar, which was left (stocked, I might add) by the previous homeowners. I was perfectly happy with the Toshiba and digital cable until I got this setup.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Which is better, plasma or LCD?

• Bryan
    Bryan

Out,

Nice setup. We move a lot and live in an apartment. So we have to watch the audio. Our TV does have simulated Dolbi. Not bad simply out of the TV.

Chris,

Plasma is a better quality picture. It does generate a lot of heat though, as opposed to LCD (lap top screen). The biggest thing to look for is the resolution. Some LCDs beat the Plasma simply because of the PPI.

Ours is 2500. I have seen them as high as 5000, but I don't have $6000.00 to burn on a TV. But I wouldn't go below 2000.

A Plasma with 1000 is not a great picture at all.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit