Will the Watchtower Society help only Jehover Witnesses?

by Elsewhere 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:45-48 NWT

Never in my life have I ever seen the WTS help any non-JWs.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

No. There is a caveat to this, unless they see it as an opportunity to make a convert.

Eyeslice

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Right... like when they offered "aid" after 9/11 by going to "ground zero" to pass out literature.

• JH
    JH

Usually they only help JW's but sometimes they don't even go that far.

• Gill
    Gill

Since non-JWs are 'dead meat' in their eyes , or only of any use if they can 'save' them and in so doing 'save' themselves I wouldn't expect JWs to, as an organization, really physically help anyone. Many a time have I heard the 'angel of Calcutta' derided for helping people, physically.

I'm certain that there are individual JWs who would move heaven and earth to help their neighbours but would make sure no one in the Cong new about it, in case of reprimand.

The Society, unfortunately, is cruel and heartless to the people of 'the world' of which they believe 'we are no part.'

Many a times was I ashamed to see religious leaders and ordinary people being depicted as being destroyed in terrible ways at Armageddon. They are probably holding a 'told you so' lofty attitude about the Tsunami as we speak. Why would they want to help when they can have that kind of view.

• Mary
    Mary
    Never in my life have I ever seen the WTS help any non-JWs.

Well, they have helped non-Dubs in disaster areas, But ONLY after the Witnesses were looked after, and it's ONLY so they can give themselves a pat on the back, and open up the way for possible converts, not because they think any of these people deserve life. It's really sad too, because I do believe that if the GB encouraged the R&F Witness to really "love their enemies", the Witnesses would do so. I can tell from the conversations I've had with other Dubs about this disaster, that it makes alot of them uneasy. In the back of their (programmed) minds, they can see that all of these "worldly" organizations and countries run by Satan himself, are acting far more Christian-like than what they are and that is very embarassing, even though most won't admit it. Not only is there nothing about the disaster on the WTS's website, but there has been absolutely NO mention of the disaster at all at any of the meetings either, except in conversations before the meeting. There is no relief fund set up at any of the KH's, no encouragment to give money to help out our fellow man----nothing.

At times like this, the WTS, God's "channel", really show their true colours.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I have never seen them offer to help non believers....

The Catholic church does; Jehovahs Witnesses do not

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

They don't help anyone who is not affilliated with them....and the only people that are afilliated with them are who (drumroll) THE THE WTBS!!!! ...that's right folks....and here is something that always KILLED me....

Remember back in the day when they used to actually charge for magazines? But it was against the society rules to purchase cookies from orginizations like the Girl Scouts because of their worldly intentions? What kind of sense does that make? How can you accept money from people who support those orginizations and actual members, but you can't support anything they do? So you mean to tell me that while there is no stipulation on money towards the orginization....what if you knowingly witnessed to a drug dealer? Is that cool too? This is a crooked group of people who are just as bad as the people they criticize in their publications!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The WTBTS will only help their own despite the scriptural admonition to do otherwise - The Parable of the Good Samaritan - who really is my neighbor - the WTBTS remind me of the Jewish priest who passed by on the other side of the road - whereas all these horrible worldy people remind me of the good Samaritan who actually offered real practical help and not just a fucking bible study - sorry for the bad language bu they really piss me off

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

If they helped non-witnesses, wouldn't that be 'casting pearls before swine'????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit