LittleToe's Travels - Dec 2004

by LittleToe 48 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Wow Princess...

you were about 15 minutes from where I live. (you were at Deception Pass)..wished you would have let me known...we would have loved you to come by our house and visit!!!

CodeBlue

• Princess
    Princess

I know CB...we didn't really have time, got a late start and all. I would love to have your phone number though, for the future.

LOL, that's it Special K. Our lovely knew El Machino.

I'm thinking of attaching wheels, a handle, and backpack straps, to make it more portable.

I'm pretty sure it would fit under the airplane seat as a carry on. Kind'a bulky though.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have hinted for a long time that I wanted one for Christmas. Guess I just have to keep dropping in for a fix.

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for posting, LT. I know all the places you have visited (well, not the shooting range).

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed Mt. St. Helens so much--did you see the center up there, with the footage of the eruption? It's a kind of museum, and very interesting.

I LOVE taking the Bremerton ferry, esp on a nice evening or on a summer day. The Seattle skyline is a real picture postcard. (*sigh!)

Wish I could've been there. If I can, I will attend one in the future...

bebu

<-----Seattle's Best Coffee is good stuff!

• gumby
    gumby

Well I hate to say it, but I think Steve and Rachel ruined our poor LittleToe. He was already a hyper twitchy kinda fella, then they went and introduced him to mega amounts of American caffiene and made him believe that coffee was really god and now he's hooked like a badog. I saw him down quite a few my friends of that mean bean.....it was scary!

He was so hyped up from Starbucks (I suggested AM PM coffee but Steve that it was too white trashy) so LittleToe and us tanked up on the REAL stuff! When we got to the shootin range and it was LittleToes turn, he was coffee crazy and while he was shootin all Steve and I could hear between shots was something like...."I hate that Organisation, I Hate it!"

Actually I lied about that last part.

I want to say that it was a pleasure getting to know you better LT as the last visit was too brief. After talking to Celtic....your is 'like a breeze' to understand! I was also impressed at how big your appetite is ya damn chow hound.

Oh.....for those listening......never withhold food from LT after he thinks your gonna feed him cuz he turn into a contankerous bastard if you make him go hungry. Steve and I had to pull his arse off of the waitress lady cuz she didn't feed him.

I lied about that one too.

Thanks for sharing your trip buddy and like I said.....It was a pleasure getting to know you better.

( we hardly even talked about god stuff)

Gumby

• Princess
    Princess
    I have hinted for a long time that I wanted one for Christmas.

Dang woman, you got the camera you wanted!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed Mt. St. Helens so much--did you see the center up there, with the footage of the eruption? It's a kind of museum, and very interesting.

The center at the top, Johnston Ridge was closed. They wouldn't let us go beyond Coldwater Creek. Unfortunately ALL the tourist centers on the mountain were closed that day (Christmas Eve) so we didn't get to see any of the cool stuff inside. It was incredibly clear and the mountain gave us a good rumble (that might have been LT's stomach, we aren't sure) and it was pumping out some good plumes of steam too. Very cool trip.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I have hinted for a long time that I wanted one for Christmas.

Dang woman, you got the camera you wanted!

I know and I am thrilled with my new camera. I don't think anyone could afford to give me that machine. So, was just kidding.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You guys so clazy!!!

So, here I sit after two days suffering DTs from caffiene withdrawal...
    ...and I'm drinking more coffee - Dowe Egberts, medium roast!

I forgot to mention the Sunday morning:
    I went to Rachel's favourite Baptist church, next door!

An experience never to forget, and one which I won't be repeating!
    The singing was lack-lustre, bar for one of the girls leading it.
    The Pastor seemed a little self-obsessed, condescending and contrived.
    The subject was one of intolerance for other beliefs (taken entirely from the OT), which struck across my own position, and on the day after Xmas, too!

I came back to the house and offered to help put up that banner that Steve and Rachel had been promising to put on their fence.

• fifi
    fifi

Always a pleasure to read about your travels LT. Thanks for posting. I really will have to get around to attending a fest.

Happy New Year.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit