Did anyone became abusive/violent at the doors?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Did you have experiences like that?

• blondie
    blondie

Not often, but they do stand out in your mind. In each case the person would have been abusive, dangerous to anyone who came to their door not just JWs.

It does mean thinking hard about properties that are signed "no trespassing."

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

not really. for the most part people were ok. one time though i went house-to-house with this one obnoxious brother who had an annoying habit of cracking lame jokes non-stop, then laughing at them. anyway, we came to this one house with the window open, and we could hear this couple inside laughing and cavorting. i said maybe we shouldn't go to this house 'cause we'd be interrupting them and he said that's just SILLY of course we'll go and he knocked on the door. the householder, who looked a little toasted, answered and brother so-and-so began his spiel, and the guy ssaid "sh-----t" and slammed the door in our faces, cutting him off in mid-sentence. i felt like saying i-toldya-so, but being a good sister, i didn't. wow, this brings it all back all right. it was warm that day and i was wearing this pale green wool dress with pleats and it was very itchy and hot...and the brother had some kinda gel in his hair that smelled really bad, and he sweated a lot. yikes.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Blondie has it right about the "no trespassing" signs. I remember a few outstanding events where the householder got aggressive or violent. But I can't think of any case where there wasn't a cargroup discussion beforehand where we decided to ignore posted signs.

can anyone actually decipher that last sentence?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, but then they changed my medication and I was much nicer after that. No, but seriously, I didn't have too many bad experiences -- more weird than anything else. And I do remember one memorable Sunday that I went out in service and I got a bunch of drunk guys who were watching the Superbowl (silly me for even TRYING to go out at that time) and to everything I said they replied, "Come on in and let's have a drink to that!" Stupid as I was (18 and VERY naive) I knew better than to go into a house full of drunk men, but I also didn't know that Rule #1 when talking to a drunk is this: NEVER point out the obvious, i.e., that they're drunk. I did that, and they were highly offended that I should even think such a thing of them.

Fortunately, I'm sure none of them remembered that incident the next day.

Nina

• Valis
    Valis

um....I remember the summer I AUX Peoneered ......It was hot and my brain was melting....I walked right up to this guys door and opened it of all things, like I was gonna walk right in....This huge guy comes out rather menacing, cussing at me and looking like he was gonna break me in two.....*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Not violent, but GROSS! I remember going out in service with my cousin and this little kid sh*t on the porch right in front of us. He was WAY too old to be doing this sort of thing as I recall. The kid was probably around 6 or so. I remember he just grinned at us while doing it.

That was probably at least 25 years ago and it still sticks out in my mind as one of the reasons I HATED going out in service.

GH

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes. That's why my "service priviledges" were suspended. Fortunately the householder didn't lay charges.

Kwin

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well I really can't think off hand of any violence, but only peoples abusive speech. One memorable day in the service in Montreal a man came to the door butt naked and on another occaision I had a women come to the door with nothing on. Those frenchy's have no shame....

The first time my dad went in the service he had a 12 gauge shotgun put to his face. It scared the you know what out of him.

On another occasion my beloved grandma while special pioneering in Nova Scotia had acid thrown at her face. Just misses her. She was a saint. I miss her. She pioneered with grandpa till her dying day.. She was probabley one of a handful of loving and caring witnesses. Her whole life was devoted to the witnesses.

Well that is all the news flashes I have for now

Luv Ofc....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have had a few bad experiences - the worse was having a gun pulled on me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit