Adam was perfect,...Right?

by prophecor 13 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

As someone who has always had JW beliefs, I still am surprised on some subjects.

The example of Adam, do mainstream religions think Adam was perfect or is that only a JW doctine. Also the balance of Adam and Jesus.

How do the chuches explain the ransom, is it the same as Jw doctrine?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

always regarded Church dogma and everything pertaining to Christendom as coming straight from the Devil

Well, that's why it stirs the thinking, ain't it? Otherwise, we'd just swallow it hook, line, and sinker because it was the Gospel troof.

Adam & Eve could not have been perfect, IMHO. Otherwise, they would have been able to resist the temptation. But then again, it always seemed to me that G. Hoover Himself wasn't exactly perfect, either, having created da Debbil (along with gnats, mosquitos, the platypus, and foreskins ... I mean, why give us humans a foreskin & then tell us to lop it off? Wouldn't it have been simpler to just remove that gene from the pool?)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Vittvin:

The most classic explanation is that of St. Anselm (11th century):

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/anselm-curdeus.html

Long but interesting.

• Khazar
    Khazar

Having been reared in Catholicism before my conversion to JW's, I can tell you that every time catechism was taught in the Catholic school I attended regarding Adam and Eve, according to Catholic theology, Adam and Eve were perfect; however the issue of free will allowed them to be tempted and sin. Sounds like the JW concept, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit