How does the society explain 5 more partakers at the Memorial?

by lv4fer 56 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Blondie - good work, I was just about to paste that.

Art, that is the info that I got my statement from.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Thanks Blondie and Confusedjw,

That answered the question about having to die as well. But it does raise another question or two.

When that man was reinstated into the congregation, what was his hope? Had he lost the heavenly calling, and had his hope now been changed to everlasting life on earth? No, for the earthly hope is not, as it were, a second-chance prospect. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and multitudes of other persons of outstanding faith had the hope of eternal life on earth, but this was not because they failed to measure up to the heavenly calling. They simply did not live in the time when the heavenly calling was in process according to Jehovah?s will. (Heb. 10:19, 20) Comparable faith and integrity are required of all who will gain everlasting life, whether in heaven or on a paradise earth. A Christian who is anointed with holy spirit and made a joint heir with Christ must prove faithful to that calling if he is to receive eternal life at all.?Rev. 2:10, 11; Phil. 3:8-14; Rom. 8:14-17.

It sounds to me that if you were living from 30 AD to 1935 AD that this was the time of heavenly calling and that if you were not part of that they was no other hope. So there is no earthly hope for anyone that lived during that time. Yet out of that time frame there were few people that had a heavenly hope.

Is this to say that if an anointed Christian is disfellowshiped, Jehovah then and there selects a replacement? No human can say that, for we cannot know if the disfellowshiped individual has committed the unforgivable sin. Jehovah knows, and so the matter can be left in his hands. Just how and when he chooses to select a replacement is for him to decide. He did not give a detailed discussion of the matter in the Bible. So rather than speculate on what He will do or try to guess whether a disfellowshiped person is beyond the possibility of repentance, we can leave the matter up to Jehovah, the righteous Judge.?Heb. 12:23.

Does this mean that there is no free well, since Jehovah knows before the end.

Art

• heathen
    heathen

Great job again blondie . You are so on the ball with this thing. I don't know how you can go to the meetings and play the game when you seem so informed about the stupidity of the tower. When they say jehovah forgives the anointed they are really meaning the anointed have returned to the WTBTS teachings and the WTBTS accepts them . To me it is complete opinion that all the first century christians qualified for the position of co-ruler . I still say there are no women included but they had the hope of living on a paradise earth . I think the 144k of revelation are all sealed by God and pretty sure ,without reading revelation again, that it also says not one of them will be missing .

Unclebruce-- I never had a chance to see the old H2O forum but am curious about some of these posters ( besides amazing) and what they had to say reguarding the anointing . If you have some details please post or pm them to me . Thanks

• Honesty
    Honesty

This is getting to be complicated for my poor mind to make an adjustment. I think I'll just go read my bible.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Not likely can the society explain the increase in partakers....but I can.

They're obviously O.D.'ing on the scriptures.....the scriptures are a heavy narcotic, yanno. I don't "do" drugs anymore.

Frannie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Whats the point in even trying to makes sense of this stuff anyways? Is it too much to ask that God show us the proper way without having to create theorys and assumptions to form some sort of 'faith'? Give me a break. If there is a God of this universe my guess is that he is NOTHING like us, doesnt think the way we do or care the same way we do in our limited perception. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are trying to make sense of the Bible in its entirety to predict the future you are setting yourself up to be let down.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hello out there???

Occam's Razor:

5 more showed up (or were able to actually attend) than last year. It is that simple.

Obviously since many of the anointed are elderly it is possible that from year to year some are not able to attend the service due to infirmity. Of course the elders are supposed to make alternative arrangements but this is not always done and ones who miss the Memorial but have a private observation are probably not included in the global tally.

-Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit