What I Wish I'd Known When I Was 20

by eyeslice 12 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

• Armageddon wasn't coming in 1975
    • Older adults are neither more knowledgeable or capable just because they are older
    • That you can do anything you want if you want it enough

Eyeslice

• Dustin
    Dustin

Thankfully I've found those things out at the age of 27. It's just hard to forget the past sometimes and move on with the future.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i wish i'd known i wouldnt be struck down by lightening if i had sex before marriage. life would have been SO different if i had taken my ex for a test drive first lol

and gee whiz why cant i have my 20 yr old body back? i know what to do with it NOW.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    That you can do anything you want if you want it enough

Like being a 45 year old NFL halfback?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I think about all the girls I turned down because they weren't JW's makes me sick to my stomach.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

That I didn't have to get married to have sex. A friend finally told me that after 3 divorces!

Humph.

• Valis
    Valis

Never be the experimental skin for a new tattooist..

Always live with a person for several years before you decide to go off and get married

Never have big parties in small hick towns, unless of course you enjoy the more than occassional tete' e tete' w/the law.

Don't ever marry jealous women

Travel as much and as often as you can.

That there were people out there in the world that KNEW EXACTLY what I had experienced..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Wish I'd knew more about "da truth" then than what I did when I let myself get suck in 5 years later.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

To trust myself. To love freely and openly without worries about if that love would be returned. And to not be jealous - it's a waste of time and energy.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Wow, what a wealth of knowledge we have going on here, OK just to add, look out for those quiet boys, especially the ex-jws, you know it's them guys you have to look out for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit