1 Hour Before Disaster: Thailands Government Got Aware of Tsunami Danger !

by Erich 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If even only one life would have been saved, the hour's warning would have been worth it...

• Fleur
    Fleur
    If even only one life would have been saved, the hour's warning would have been worth it...

damn straight!

• Swan
    Swan

It's the Jaws effect!

Mayor Vaughn didn't want to warn people about (or face) the possibility of a shark in the waters off Amity Island for fear it would ruin 4th of July tourism.

Those people have a lot to answer for. It is always better to give people the information so that they can choose to seek high ground. But denial is a strong motivation for some people, even scientists and politicians who should know better.

Tammy

• vitty
    vitty

I dont think anyone would have listened . People have been given weeks of notice and ignorded it

This was something no-one had seen before, how would they announce it

This was a tragedy, beyond human control, the first reaction is to blame someome or something

It happened , now we can do something

• Gill
    Gill

This was an incomprehensiby enormous tragedy that is now showing how many good people live in a world that is apparantly deserving of total destruction.

Could it be, that people are ALL really that bad just because they're not JWs.

People never cease to make me despair but they also never cease to impress.

• Been there
    Been there

I believe one hour could have saved thousands of lives, they should have warned them and given them a chance.

But........

On the other hand if that 200,000 people were alive they would be crammed into the same shanty towns with no food, no clean water and little shelter. Would they have died anyway from disease and starvation? Children, elderly and weak are always the most susceptible in any disaster. The damage to the land and property would still be the same if there was warning or not, would they survive what is bound to get much worse before it gets better? Would they only have traded places with someone else?

In the end I think it does'nt matter if they sent out a warning or not, they need help and lots of it.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

According to this report, there was even a warning on Dec 22nd:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit