My JW mom wished me "good luck"

by jwbot 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

...on the phone. Should I have told her that "Satan is the god of good and bad luck"? hehe.

But seriously, it surprised me. There is a lot going on in my family, my mom is depressed, and all her kids have gone crazy and the only kid that is not on the outs from the religion IS actually mentally ill (in all seriousness). So...perhaps all that is going on will make her step back and think?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Wow. That is weird. Sometimes I think it's just a slip of the tongue when they're being their true self. I remember several years ago, having a meal with my father and he said Damn, Ass, and Pissed Off in the same conversation. I was flabbergast! I had heard that parents loosen up on stuff once they see their kids as an adult, but I was blown away. We weren't allowed to say "crap" or "geez" growing up, let alone those words. LOL!

Now that I think about it, it's nice to not worry about getting offended about menial stuff like that.

• metatron
    metatron

Gasp! Sometimes Witnesses slip out of cult-mode!

Has you ever investigated the Biblical name "Gad" or "Fortunatus"? Both are derived from fortune or luck.

Bible writers didn't seem to care about using such names or repeating them.

metatron

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

Yikes, I think I'd have fallen off my chair if my mom said that to me!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

omg

thank god the days of gasping in shock when someone inedvertently says "good luck" or even "bless you" are over... sheesh.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Isaiah 65:11

jwsons

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

GASP!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH...she said luck!!!!

"instant destruction shall be upon her"! LOL

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

My mother would have to be drunk and high at the same time to say "good luck". Not that she would ever get drunk or high, heh heh.

• blueztunez
    blueztunez

Jwbot

My mom's also letting a little reality slip through the cracks . A common denominator that I've seen here in "jolting jw's lose" is a personal crisis in ones life. So who knows there may be a hidden blessing in all this. I hope your sib with the problem will soon get better. Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit